Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Field Medical Educator as a remote based employee covering the West territory.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Field Medical Educator working on the Takeda Field Medical Educator team, you will be empowered to educate to help enhance clinical care and build strategic relationships. In this role, you will contribute to Takeda s mission by supporting the development and life-cycle management of Takeda compounds. A typical day will include
- Provides scientific support and education focusing on community-based HCPs in order to enhance clinical care and build strategic relationships within aligned institutions and organizations in a defined geography for therapeutic areas of interest to Takeda.
- Provides medical insights and intelligence from the field to support the development and life-cycle management of Takeda compounds.
- Identifies and establishes relationships in collaboration with Government Affairs to support local and regional patient advocacy groups.
- Identifies and develops relationships with community-based Heath Care Practitioners including MDs, NPs and PAs and nurses to educate on disease state topics, products and programs.
- Coordinates and delivers education to Heath Care Practitioners (MDs, NPs, PAs, nurses) through formal presentations, in-services and scientific exchange.
- Collects medical insights gathered from scientific exchange with Heath Care Practitioners (MDs, PAs, nurses) as well communicates relevant information in order to support medical strategies.
- Provides meeting coverage at scientific meetings with an advanced clinical practitioner focus and reports information of interest to Takeda.
- Addresses unsolicited medical requests from HCPs (MDs, NPs, PAs, nurses) using medically approved resources and aligns request with Medical Science Liaisons or Field Medical Director where appropriate.
- Collaborates with Government Affairs in support of patient advocacy initiatives at local/regional level
- Completes all administrative responsibilities consistent with Standard of Procedures and departmental guidelines including but not limited to required training, field activity documentation, expense reporting, and other assigned tasks.
Education, experience, and skills
- The qualified candidate will have a Bachelor s Degree with an active RN, NP or PA license and a thorough grasp of the pharmaceutical industry.
- Two years of healthcare or related experience (nurse educator, clinical practice, research or academic) following award of degree.
- Possesses superior interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written, and able to engender trust and respect of peers and superiors.
- Demonstrates strong presentations skills and the ability to interpret and communicate clinical data
- Proven track record of teamwork, leadership, timely decision making and results orientation in meeting objectives.
- Clinical experience in Short Bowel Syndrome (SBS), biologics, infusion therapy
- Prior industry experience
- Clinical, research, or teaching experience.
- Licensed Nurse Practitioner
- Bachelor s degree in nursing with active RN license
- Licensed Physician Assistant
- Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings/client sites/HQ.
- Overnight travel (40-60%), including some weekend commitments.
- Travel may vary depending on geography.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Beverly Hills, CA, Central Valley, CA, Colorado, USA, L-Shire - United States - Remote (AZ), Seattle, WA, Spokane, WA, Tacoma, WA