Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Sr. Scientist Biologics Discovery and Engineering in our San Diego office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Sr. Scientist Biologics Discovery and Engineering working on the Global Biologics REsearch team, you will be empowered to Innovate and Collaborate. A typical day will include:
- The Biotherapeutic Engineering team within Global Biologics Research is seeking an experienced scientist with extensive experiences of protein engineering.
- The successful candidate will independently design and conduct discovery and engineering of biologics in house using display platform, or through managing the external resources at CRO.
- The candidate will be expected to apply expertise including molecular biology, structural biology, protein science and protein engineering.
- The candidate will serve as biologics lead in discovery projects, interface very closely with members from GI, immunology, DMPK and DSRE.
- Independently design strategies of biologics discovery and engineering
- Conduct biologics discovery and optimization using display platform, analyze and manage data
- Managing antibody discovery, antibody humanization, production and affinity maturation activities conducted at CROs
- Ensures the appropriate conduct of studies, leads the interpretation of study results, prepares study reports and present to project teams
- Serve as biologics lead, coordinate works within global biologics and local supporting groups
- Interface with cross functional teams, including members from disease area, DMPK and DSRE.
- Scientifically assesses and recommends vendors, and outsources nonclinical studies to appropriate contract research organizations
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
- Demonstrates broad biotherapeutic and protein engineering knowledge
- Acts as the recognized scientific resource of biologics
- Demonstrates effective project management skills
- Develops and oversees novel scientific projects and will manage the work of others directly or in a matrixed structure
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Independently manages workload and expectations
- Scientifically independent
- Provides information to group to influence direction, departmental goals and/or business
- Collaborates with others, and acts as scientific resource for biotherapeutics
- Participates in external interactions and collaborations
- Receives high level instructions on work; determines methods on new assignments; demonstrates independence; may manage junior staff
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- PhD degree in Protein Engineering, Biochemistry, Structural Biology or related discipline with 5+ years experience , or MS with 10+ years experience, or BS with 12+ years experience
- Demonstrate broad knowledge in protein chemistry and biologics drugs discovery is expected
- Extensive hands on experience and knowledge in protein engineering is required.
- Structure based design of protein engineering, especially antibody engineering is preferred.
- Experiences in biologics discovery and engineering using display technology is preferred.
- Hands on experiences with FACS, FPLC and octet is desired.
- Management experience preferred.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Is able to multi-task.
- Self-motivated. Work well both independently and collaboratively
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
San Diego, CA