Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a New Products Leader, Gastroenterology (GI) in our Boston, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a New Products Leader working on the Global Commercial Gastroenterology team, you will be empowered to play a critical role is setting the long-term strategy and vision for our Entyvio brand. In this role, you will contribute to Takeda s mission by partnering with our regions and local operating companies to ensure execution of this strategy. A typical day will include:
- Responsible for leading specific life-cycle sub-programs of global Entyvio program, focusing on strategic and late-stage commercialization decisions.
- Leads these life-cycle programs either as work streams or as sub-GPTs under oversight of the overarching Entyvio GPT and ensures linkage to Divisional teams and functions, e.g., Global Development Team (GDT), Global Commercial Team, Global CMC team, etc. to ensure all project deliverables achieve defined project scope, budget and timelines.
- Facilitates achievement of global program milestones, defining clear go/no go decision points, creating buy-up/buy-down scenario plans, managing critical path activities.
- Leads the life-cycle programs either as work streams or as sub-GPTs under oversight of the overarching Entyvio GPT and ensures linkage to Divisional teams and functions, e.g., Global Development Team (GDT), Global Commercial Team, Global CMC team, etc. to ensure all project deliverables achieve defined project scope, budget and timelines
- Interface with Therapeutic Area Unit and Senior Management in CMSO, PDD, PRD, GC, GLBD and with external partners and is responsible for the operational plan for all projects associated with the Life-cycle of the asset to maximize value and to realize Entyvio s overall vision
- Lead and manage a matrix team of people and resources to achieve high levels of performance and improve the overall performance of global program portfolio being the commercial voice driving these programs to ensure patient-centered asset maximization
- Establish long-range plans and goals for global programs to achieve the product strategy and provides leadership and vision for the global regulatory submissions and approvals to achieve successful commercialization and maximize value for new products. Performs ad-hoc assessments of new life cycle management (LCM) opportunities and some business-development related projects
- Focuses on early commercialization of life cycle products and acts as a key interfacing role between the Global Commercial Entyvio team and the Medical Affairs, Pharmaceutical Sciences and Clinical Development teams, such as Regional teams. Partners to develop the optimal execution of a patient focused life-cycle management (LCM) strategy that will be realized in part, via the range of medical affairs and clinical trial programs undertaken by the Development teams
- Responsible for leading commercial workstreams that will establish the strategic direction of Entyvio over its lifecycle. Assesses and anticipates current and future competitive trends, on a global and regional level, and provides appropriate insights to the Development teams who are responsible for driving and implementing projects (clinical trials, publications, medical education, etc.) to deliver on the Entyvio asset strategy and brand vision
- Lead the Subcutaneous (SC) Strategy Sub-Team (SCST) of the Entyvio GPT and drive the development of the strategy and execution for this critical life-cycle asset
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Minimum of 10 years experience in the pharmaceutical industry, with working knowledge of research and development or commercial operations
- Minimum 5 years experience with increasingly complex pharmaceutical projects in a multi-disciplinary, global or regional environment including strategy development and execution
- Minimum of 3 years matrix team management in a global environment, of which minimum 2 dealing with late-stage drug development
- Experience with project leadership and management systems and methodology to support consistency across multiple projects
- Experience of working closely with clinical researchers and an array of R&D functions
- Agility to operate in a global environment with a demonstrated knowledge of key markets, US, EU, and Japan
- Demonstrated success and outcomes in cross-functional leadership roles building strong internal stakeholder relationships and ensure strategic alignment.
- Track record of strong strategic thinking, coupled with effective implementation.
- Solid understanding of medical, clinical, and regulatory development, as well as how to build in economics and tell the qualitative vision of value proposition
- Proven ability to develop a business case and flexibility to think in different scenarios
- Demonstrated ability to drive performance, build alignment, influence and execute
- Understanding of stakeholder management fundamentals, including communications channels and digital strategy to reach internal and external stakeholders
- Strong ability to understand both internal and external market environments and ability to convert strategy to action
- Experience in building and leading a high-performing, cross functional matrix team
- Multi-faceted background with direct involvement or experience working with functions from multiple divisions: Commercial/Marketing, Global Licensing and Business Development, of advantage is insight into Research, Development, CMC.
- Relevant travel as needed
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.