Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Medical Director, Translational Medicine- Pathology in our Cambridge office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Medical Director, Translational Medicine- Pathology, you will be empowered to integrate into multi-disciplinary project teams and serve as a key biomarker and diagnostics leader within Oncology Translational Sciences. A typical day will include:
This is a highly collaborative role involving cross-functional collaborations across immune-oncology programs and the clinical development teams at Takeda Oncology in Cambridge, MA. The overall goal will be to assimilate discovery findings to rationally inform the development of clinical biomarker and patient stratification strategies while contributing to proof-of-concept and mechanistic evaluation of assest in the pre-clinical and clinical space.
- Serve as a key biomarker and diagnostics leader within Oncology Translational Sciences
- Integrate into multi-disciplinary project teams to create and asssess translational strategies that bridge between discovery and development efforts, within and across immune-oncology programs
- Provide cross-functional expertise in translating research findings from in vitro/vivo model systems to clinically-relevant biomarker signatures and patient stratification strategies
- Apply molecular pathology expertise to leverage the integration of multi-omics analyses with spatial image profiling to support and expand R&D programs.
- Cross-Program Collaborations To Drive Translation:
- Embed in early discovery projects to provide cancer biology/pathology expertise that will help inform development directions, including mechanisms of action and pharmacodynamics.
- Foster translation by providing expertise to identify predictive biomarkers and inform directions of clinical diagnostic assays.
- Identify appropriate testing platforms, CROs, and/or academic groups that are essential for discovery and/or clinical research support, with oversight when needed.
- Leverage expertise in clinical pathology to contribute to identification of relevant tumor indications to help maximize patient benefit, in collaboration with other R&D partners.
- Prepare technical reports, protocols, and applications where necessary.
- Technologies and Innovation:
- Provide pathology expertise to assist groups that are developing human tissue-based model systems.
- Provide pathology review of tissue slides used in multiplexed-immunofluorescence profiling and help inform spatial analysis parameters that will best address project questions.
- Work within an integrative team across the computational biology, multi-omics, and spatial profiling groups to help drive discovery efforts.
- Collaborate with molecular genomics team leveraging knowledge of NGS testing in the clinical setting with application to development of pre-clinical studies with forward and reverse translation.
- Human Biobank Support:
- Work closely with the biobanking group to identify specific human tumor samples that are required to successfully inform translational strategies.
- Participate in quality metric assessments of samples entering the biobank, including H&E slide review and diagnosis confirmation.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- MD, or internationally recognized equivalent degree, list of publications, grants, research awards etc)
- Board certification in Anatomic Pathology and/or Clinical Pathology
- Experience with molecular genomics preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including writing, reviewing and editing scientific documents
- Superior interpersonal skills, diplomacy and positive influencing abilities
- Ability to work and drive decision-making within a multi-disciplinary, multi-regional, matrix teams
- Good fit with Takeda core values and leadership principles
- Right attitude (agile, curious, open-minded, can-do mindset)
- Superior therapeutic area knowledge and solid understanding of emerging research in designated therapeutic area (if applicable)
- Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings or R&D sites including overnight trips
- Ability to spend longer period of time at a different R&D site (weeks or several months)
- Some international travel may be required.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.