Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as an Associate Director/Director, Computational and Statistical Genetics, in our San Diego office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As an Associate Director/Director, Computational and Statistical Genetics working on the Computational Biology team, you will be empowered to lead a team and perform computational and statistical analysis of human genetics data sets
- Organizational leader with responsibilities and strategic influence across multiple functions in computational genomics and statistical genetics.
- Lead a group of experts in computational genomics and statistical genetics to generate insights from big human data to support reverse and forward translation across multiple therapeutic areas of interest of Takeda.
- Apply expertise in statistical genetics, computational biology and genomics to analyze biobank, population scale molecular profiling and phenotype data for the identification and characterization of genes, networks and pathways involved in normal and perturbed physiology.
- Responsible for computational biology support of discovery research and translational science
- Responsible for creating and communicating a clear vision and strategy for his/her area of primary responsibility, directed toward establishment and progression of an industry-leading research and translational medicine portfolio supported by computational biology and statistical genetics
- Sets strategic direction, develops tactical plans, motivates, develops and leads team to execute projects effectively.
- Manages and develops staff (10+) locally and internationally (Japan) and develops and maintains business relationships with key stakeholders across Takeda s global R&D functions
- Develops and maintains human data ecosystem and applies statistical genetics analyses and machine learning tools to large scale internal and external genetics and genomics data to support or falsify target hypotheses and support patient and indication selection and biomarker development for Takeda s therapeutic intertest in Neuroscience, Gastroenterology and Rare diseases.
- Expert in applying unsupervised and supervised machine learning and other advanced algorithms to extract novel biologically meaningful information.
- Provides analysis and interpretation of OMICS and genetics data, specifically for the selection of new drug targets and indications. Responsible to enhance the target pipeline in Neuroscience, Gastroenterology, and Rare diseases
- Accountable for the development of organizational culture and capabilities
- Responsible for management of resourcing and budget planning for his/her area of focus
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Outstanding expertise and depth of knowledge within a scientific area
- Keeps up with the up-to-date scientific advancement (e.g. competitive landscape, new technology, new research portfolio, and new partnership)
- Has significant organizational leadership responsibility, including primary responsibility for a defined function, department, or research area
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Independently manages workload and expectations
- Scientifically independent
- Scientific driver for research strategy that impacts group internally and outside area of function
- Initiates and leads external interactions and collaborations
- Frequent contact with internal and external personnel at various management levels
- Determines methods on new assignments; makes strategic recommendations on projects
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- PhD degree in a scientific discipline with 12+ years of experience, or
- MS with 16+ years of experience, or
- BS with 18+ years of experience
- 7 years of Industry experience required
- 7 years of managerial experience required
- Up to 20 % travel, both domestic and internally may be required
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please
San Diego, CA