Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Principal Scientist, Translational Medicine in our Cambridge office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Principal Scientist, Translational Medicine, you will be empowered to establish a collaborative and influential role within Immuno-Oncology Drug Discovery project teams and work collaboratively with data scientists and the information technology group.. A typical day will include:
Provide scientific insight from large and diverse biological datasets. Work with a dedicated team of scientists to form data driven decisions, propose actionable and testable solutions to identify and progress novel cancer therapeutics. Expected to contribute to our mission to provide innovative immuno-oncology therapies to patients across our pipeline of novel therapeutics including small molecule, large molecule and cell-based therapies. Drive change across the entire drug discovery spectrum from target identification and validation through early clinical proof of concept, formulating translational hypotheses that inform pharmacodynamic and predictive biomarkers.
Independently design and implement extensive scientific research projects. Contributes to multiple projects, acting as senior scientific consultant, providing key technical knowledge to a project team. Manage a small team of dedicated computational biologists while integrating with the larger bioinformatics community at Takeda, setting high standards for effectiveness and rigor.
- Applies computational methods to integrate, visualize and interpret data resulting from Proteomic, Genomic, Next Generation Sequencing, Single Cell and efficacy data from preclinical mouse in-vitro, ex vivo or in-vivo studies and preclinical human in-vitro and ex-vivo studies.
- Establishes a collaborative and influential role within Immuno-Oncology Drug Discovery project teams comprised of cell biologists, biochemists, pharmacologists and translational scientists. Is responsible for analysis to deduce, summarize and communicate results contributing to the understanding of drug indication, mechanism of action, identification of response predictors and translational biomarkers. Works collaboratively with biologists and clinicians to realize clinical benefit from their work.
- Works collaboratively with data scientists and the information technology group to build knowledgebase solutions within our AWS computational infrastructure capable of performing and communicating genome scale data analysis on abundant proprietary and comprehensive public data.
- Designs and directs research strategy and activities to meet program objectives; provide leadership, timelines and contingency plans
- Has significant managerial responsibility
- Establishes project direction integrating science, key technical knowledge, and program objectives.
- Collaborates with other departments, and disciplines, acting as scientific authority within discipline.
- Serves as senior company / project representative at external conferences, or business meetings
- Plays an active role in the evaluation of potential drug candidates for in-licensing
- Contributes to the preparation/editing/review of documents for regulatory submission (i.e., study reports, IB s, IND s)
- Contributes to the preparation/editing/review of journal publications supporting the development of novel therapeutics
- Note: Job responsibilities are progressive and cumulative
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- PhD degree with 8+ years of experience in computational biology. Bachelor s degree in a scientific discipline, or equivalent with 14+ years of experience in computational biology, or Master's degree in a scientific discipline, or equivalent with 12+ years of experience in computational biology.
- 3 years of Industry experience required
- 3 years of managerial experience required
- Demonstrates well-developed knowledge of other disciplines, and departments and how they function together. In particular, the candidate should have extensive experience working closely with biologists or clinicians to influence experimental design.
- Demonstrates broad recognition for in-depth expertise in a scientific discipline
- The ideal candidate would have:
- Experience with genome scale or big data analysis derived from Next Generation Sequencing including; Exome, RNA-SEQ, miRNA, Copy Number, Epigenetics, Single Cell and synthetic lethal screens, as well as a track record of using preclinically derived translational hypotheses to influence clinical trial practice.
- Data mining, text mining, systems biology and visualization solutions including: Rstudio, Shiny, Omicsoft Array Studio, Spotfire, MetaCore, Ingenuity and MsigDB.
- Programming, AWS cloud computing and command line expertise; R, SQL, Perl, Python.
- Requires approximately 10% or less travel, including international.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.