Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Portfolio Operations Lead in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Portfolio Operations Lead working on the Research and Development team, you will be empowered to continuously look at ways to optimize the governance and IR processes internal and external to the Global Portfolio Strategy group and operational excellence and data integrity, as well as building the bridge to the global project teams and the center of operational performance. A typical will include:
The Global Portfolio Strategy group is a key function within the Takeda Global R&D Office of the COO, responsible for driving investment decisions across our entire portfolio from discovery to Lifecycle management. The Organization is structured around 3 key pillars: Portfolio Strategy: driving strategic portfolio investment decisions; investor relations: responsible for all R&D investor relations activities including earnings calls and conferences activities; and the Portfolio Review Committee (PRC) office: governance process owner for how decisions are made, reported and communicated across the organization.
The Portfolio Operations Lead is a key role within the Global Portfolio Strategy group and reports into the PRC office. The role represents the operational engine not only for the PRC Office, but for the entire Global Portfolio Strategy team, including R&D investor relations. The position is responsible for operational excellence and data integrity, as well as building the bridge to the global project teams and the center of operational performance.
It is a key role which continuously looks at ways to optimize the governance and IR processes internal and external to the Global Portfolio Strategy group
- Key liaison between PRC Office, Portfolio Strategy Group, R&D investor relations, Center of Operational Performance and Global Project teams to ensure the business process for collecting, managing, reporting, and using portfolio & resource data to make decisions is robust & effective
- Manage key meetings, agendas, minutes and actions for PRC, MPR and QPR to ensure effective communication and decision making, disseminate key outcomes, decisions and actions to relevant stakeholders
- Support of the R&D Investor Relations Lead in the preparation of quarterly earnings materials and the coordination of IR events (e.g. R&D Days for investors)
- Build and maintain Global Portfolio Strategy Sharepoint site to enhance visibility of department within Takeda
- Develop PRC training material and all PRC communication material for the Global R&D organization
- Responsible for training of program teams, research teams and BD teams on governance processes
- Responsible for Global Portfolio Strategy communications (presentations, posts, yammer and Sharepoint)
- Drives R&D business operations to ensure highly effective and agile management of the Portfolio governance processes
- Responsible for management of the Portfolio Review Committee Sharepoint site to ensure that stakeholders have the appropriate access to meeting materials, agenda and archived asset documents
- Responsible for management of Portfolio Review Committee databases, assuring data quality and providing portfolio analyses as necessary
- Build a thorough understanding of the R&D portfolio and apply that knowledge to effectively manage strategic and tactical initiatives consistent with corporate and R&D objectives
- Identify and execute potential governance refinement initiatives
- Partner with the COOP team to define and implement a process to ensure all baselines / variances are captured and monitored
- Liaison to Master Data Management (MDM) governance team, assuring data quality of active R&D components in the MDM database
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- MS or PhD in life sciences with minimum 5 years, or BS in life sciences with 10 years of experience required, experience in R&D operations a plus
- Excellent knowledge of SharePoint, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access
- Attention to detail is critical
- Desire for continuous improvement and bringing innovative ideas to the group
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build relationships, act as a change agent, and adapt to rapidly changing organizational and business issues
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Team oriented, but able to work independently and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to effectively engage with and present to all levels of management
- Innovative Thinking and Approach - Capable of identifying, adapting, and applying innovative and creative methodologies that will allow to build an optimal Portfolio Decision Making environment
- Project management experience is a plus
- Willingness to travel to various meetings or Takeda sites
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.