Associate Director - Outcomes Research
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as the Associate Director Outcomes Researchin our Lexington, MA office
The AD Outcomes Research (OR) is a research position with the primary purpose of conducting collaborative health economics and outcomes research with payers and other organized customers as a part of a US Medical Office cross-functional matrix team. As a member of the OR team, the Associate Director will identify and implement best practices, design and execute outcomes research to generate real world evidence aligned with strategic objectives and contribute to the development of a best-in-class OR group, focused on collaborative real world outcomes research. The Associate Director will specifically:
- As required, assist Product Outcomes Research (OR) Lead in providing outcomes research insights that lead to improved value propositions and differentiate Takeda s products to providers, payers, patients and other relevant healthcare decision makers
- Lead work streams relating to OR business areas (e.g., health economic modeling, value communications, observational research, pragmatic clinical trials, adherence programs, Beyond the Pill (BTP) initiatives) to a high standard.
- Design and provide advanced scientific support to OR studies in collaboration with key regionally and nationally-based managed care organizations, pharmacy benefit management companies, health care systems, long term care organizations, and government payers, and other organizations or professionals that are involved with health care policy, disease management/quality improvement, comparative effectiveness, and medication formulary decisions.
- Oversee and be responsible for the flawless execution of real worlds outcomes studies
- Works closely with Director OR lead, US Medical Teams, Managed Markets, National and Regional Access Managers, and to facilitate deep scientific product knowledge, product value, and strategy development.
- Responsible for developing, executing, and publishing collaborative outcomes research in accordance with Takeda policies and in cooperation with the US Medical Affairs team.
- Initiates and effectively leads external and/or internal projects to completion (e.g., OR studies, AMCP dossiers, QI, adherence, CER, Beyond the Pill initiatives).
- Responsible for collaborating on the development and implementation of customer-specific OR strategy and research, working closely with the Outcomes Research Director to develop, interpret, and disseminate data/information assessing the medical value of Takeda assets.
- Conduct relevant research activities which may include, but not be limited to:
- Longitudinal prospective observational, pragmatic clinical trials, and/or patient registries evaluating clinical, patient-centered, and/or economic endpoints;
- Longitudinal retrospective studies of existing databases to assess patient characteristics, treatment patterns, and associated clinical, economic and/or patient-reported outcomes;
- Retrospective or prospective evaluations of disease natural history and treatment patterns, including drug utilization and adherence;
- Cross-sectional surveys of patients, caregivers, health care providers/practitioners, and/or payers;
- Assessments exploring burden of illness and/or comparative effectiveness;
- Models of cost-effectiveness and budget impact;
- Evaluation of BTP and adherence programs
- Upon request, coordinates and delivers scientific, pharmacoeconomic and disease awareness information as presentations or other forms of scientific exchanges to regionally and nationally based managed care organizations, ACO/PCMH, pharmacy benefits management companies, government payers, health care systems, and other organizations or professionals that are involved with health care policy, disease management/quality improvement, comparative effectiveness, and medication formulary decisions.
- Attend and actively participate in relevant outcomes-related sessions at scientific and professional meetings. Creates and communicates reports relevant outcomes-related sessions at scientific and professional meetings that are of strategic interest to Takeda.
- Attend and participate in relevant HEOR, outcomes research, pricing, comparative effectiveness, policy and value meetings or symposia that are of strategic interest to Takeda (e.g., ISPOR, ICER, AMCP etc) and create reports and communicate reports from these meetings.
- Track and report on changes in the healthcare environment that are of relevance to Takeda
- Consistently completes all required training, activity documentation, knowledge management systems, expense reporting, and other administrative responsibilities as required by SOPs and guidelines.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- The qualified candidate will have a doctoral degree in a health sciences related field such as a PharmD, MD or PhD, with a thorough grasp of the pharmaceutical industry, healthcare environment, and outcomes research.
- The qualified candidate will be an experienced health economics, health services, and/or outcomes research scientist, with a strong, proven track record of generating evidence to support market access for pharmaceuticals.
- Preferred 4 years post-doctoral healthcare experience in the pharmaceutical, managed care, or consulting industries with a primary focus on health economics and outcomes research, and an emphasis on Market Access (public or private payers).
- Proven track record of teamwork, leadership, project management, timely decision-making and results orientation in meeting business objectives.
- Excels at leveraging professional relationships with regionally and nationally based managed care organizations and thought leaders in the areas of pharmaco-economic and outcomes research and other areas of mutual interest by aligning thought leader expertise with Takeda needs.
- Possesses superior communication skills, both oral and written, and able to engender trust and respect of peers, subordinates and superiors.
- Proven business and analytical skills and an in-depth understanding of pharmaceutical business practices that impact commercialized and development of compounds.
- Demonstrates expert awareness and the ability to understand, interpret and make recommendations concerning the evolving US health care marketplace.
- Self-confident, possesses a strong work ethic, has exceptional organization skills with a demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office application including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- MBA, MPH, MHA or other business training will be considered if degree is specific to health economics or outcomes research, with appropriate clinical background and years of experience.
- Pharmaco-economics training (e.g., MS, PhD), fellowship, and/or background in outcomes research.
- An understanding of FDA regulations related to the submission of pharmaco-economic data and requirements for pharmaco-economic promotion and labeling.
- Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment (i.e. computers, phones, etc.).
- Carrying, handling and reaching for objects.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time while traveling.
- Willingness to travel to various meetings or client sites, including overnight trips and some weekend commitments. Some international travel may be required.
- Requires approximately 20-30 % travel, including some overnight and weekend commitments.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.