Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as an Sr. Manager, Competitive Intelligence in our Boston, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As an Senior Manager working on the Insights and Analytics team you will be empowered to develop, create and lead integrated insights. In this role, you will contribute to Takeda s mission by focusing on the patients we serve. A typical day will include:
- Consult with Neuroscience Ophthalmic Business Unit (NOBU) leadership as a strategic partner in achieving and maintaining competitive leadership
- Lead, create and deliver integrated insights across multiple sources, knowledge management assignments delegated by the Neuroscience Ophthalmic Business Unit Head Customer Insights
- Utilize higher level analytics based on their experience in competitive analysis consulting expertise with strong leadership in Neuroscience and Ophthalmic marketing analysis, brand planning, situation analysis, project management and cross-functional alignment skills
- Provide consultative influence utilizing varied sources of mixed confidence intervals and methods, engaging stakeholders at all levels and presenting to Leadership
- Share understanding of methods, industry ethics and compliance is required, as well as bench strengths in CI execution for strategic-to-tactical recommendations
- Lead cross-functional teams in predicting and planning solutions to achieve successful execution
- Serve as an internal Subject Matter Expert (SME), requiring consultative skills, to meet the needs of specific commercial and brand processes via the technical expertise in the discipline of Competitive Intelligence.
- Proactively identify strategic and tactical CI needs of BU, establishing both long-range and short-term business impact
- Deliver guidance, recommendations and market intelligence insights to commercial brand, medical, forecasting, and Executive Team to inform decision making.
- Own and execute Competitive Intelligence Workshops to develop insights into competitor strategy and tactics for commercial decision making.
- Apply and execute high quality analysis and recommendations to therapeutic area and brand processes including: commercial planning, forecasting, pre-launch and launch planning process.
- Proactively drive analysis and ensure early awareness of key market opportunities and risks through analysis of primary and secondary information.
- Lead in collecting competitive intelligence at scientific congress; participate in cross-organization team and implement conference planning process to define Takeda s business and clinical interests to develop at the congress.
- Drive and implement excellent communication, presentation, and meeting facilitation skills to build relationships both within the therapeutic
- Lead cross functional, therapeutic area teams through the analysis of key market events yielding new interpretations, strategy, and proposed tactics to prepare for anticipated market dynamics that impact Takeda s business interests.
- Build internal stakeholder relationships and Partner with Commercial Planning Teams, Forecasting and Market Research Teams, and Medical Affairs, to increasingly drive competitive insights and commercial strategy and decision making. groups (i.e. marketing, sales, data systems, procurement, Medical Affairs, Global CI)
- Collaboratively prioritize and build a CI plan integrated with PMR, Analytics and cross-functional teams
- Provide oversight and accountability on all processes related to procurement, vendors, compliance, pharmacovigilance and budget management activities in execution of each CI activity
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of quality, comprehensiveness, and timeliness of all process outputs.
- Supervise compliance of relevant SOP and industry ethics for BU operations and responsible for maintaining and tracking learning/training, compliance and safety programs
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
Education and Experience:
- B.A./B.S. Scientific or commercial education, MBA preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible project management experience.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in the commercial pharmaceutical industry
- Two (2) + years experience in implementing processes, procedures, competitive intelligence in healthcare environment.
- Two (2) + years expertise and industry leadership in CI and thorough knowledge of drug commercialization
- Demonstrated leadership skills managing matrix teams, influencing outcomes in strategic and tactical decisions, specific to marketing in pharmaceuticals
- Expertise in Competitive Insights (CI) research methods as they pertain to integration with pharmaceutical data sources for strategic recommendations
- Thorough knowledge and passion for excellence in the commercial side of managing pharmacovigilance processes
- Advanced knowledge of best practices and leadership in pharmaceutical commercial business operations, and the use of CI to drive decision-making in commercial strategy and tactics to achieve a leadership position.
- Demonstrated leadership in synthesis of primary and secondary CI, forecasting impact, competitive intelligence and data management to advise the development, execution and monitoring of pharmaceutical leadership status.
- Able to lead in a matrix-working culture, both across the US NOBU and GCI
- Proactive ability to effectively monitor competitive activity, predict probable issues and problem solve (scenario planning)
- Travel of up to 20%, limited international travel will be required.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.