Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Senior Manager, Global Internal Communications in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Senior Manager, Global Internal Communications working on the Internal Communications team, you will be empowered to create and implement strategic internal communications. In this role, you will contribute to Takeda s mission. A typical day will include:
Takeda is in the process of creating a new and more robust global Corporate Communications presence. This effort will include an enhanced Global Internal Communications team responsible for shaping the internal perceptions of Takeda, helping the workforce understand the company s strategy, organization, products and people, and positively influence the behaviors of employees. Furthermore, this function helps the workforce understand and adapt to change. The Global Internal Communications team creates and implements a wide range of strategic internal communication activities to meet these goals.
As part of this, the company seeks to appoint an experienced and well-rounded communicator in the role of Senior Manager, Global Internal Communications. This position will report to the Director, Global Internal Communications.
- Proactively build strong, effective relationships with key internal stakeholders of Business Units and Business Functions, the Communication Business Partners and Local Operating Companies communications professionals to understand their internal communications needs and generate advocacy for internal communications initiatives
- Coordinate internal communications activities globally and ensure alignment of the strategic communications activities
- Collaborate across the business as a subject matter expert in employee communication methodology and practices
- Focus communication around the needs and preferences of different audience while helping to anticipate likely reactions to messaging
- Review and quality control of internal communications materials created by communications professionals in Business Units and Business Functions, ensuring a high level of standards and consistency with in-house tone of voice and writing style
- Lead, co-create or support company-wide change communication efforts to increase the understanding of business strategy, company priorities and key global initiatives
- Create strategic employee communication plans, deliverables and content for global projects and initiatives that are aligned with and support the broader company communication programs. Clearly demonstrate the link between desired business outcome and chosen communications activities
- Manage a number of complex communications projects simultaneously and activities as required in support of the wider internal communications team and its strategic plan. This may include (but is not limited to) the following activities:
- Supporting the management of Global town hall meetings, leadership conference calls as well as the annual Takeda Leadership Conference (TLC)
- Strategy development and project management
- Development of key messages, talking points and communications materials as required
- Internal issues management
- Supporting the development of internal communications team members
- Measure and monitor outcomes and continually strategize ways to drive engagement to internal audiences to meet business goals
EDUCATION, COMPETENCIES, AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor s degree, preferably in Communications or a related field, with at least eight years of internal communications or equivalent experience (as a team member or leader) with excellent writing, copyediting and proofreading experience
- Experience (minimum of 5 years) in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology or healthcare industry communications environment, with a thorough grounding in the complexities and issues relating to operating in the global pharmaceutical industry
- Excellent English language skills, English native speaker preferred.
- Strong managerial experience in corporate communications, including oversight of a number of programs/projects simultaneously
- Strong communication and presentation skills with a demonstrated ability to influence and persuade at senior levels internally
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Established and proven stakeholder networking capabilities
- A strong eye for detail, with solid strategic, analytical and planning skills, as well as a creative approach to problem-solving
- A creative thinker with a track record of coming up with new ways to engage internal stakeholders
- Comfortable with change. Ability and willingness to adapt and thrive in a dynamic environment
- A pragmatic and flexible approach to time management given calls/meetings may take place in different time-zones to your own
- Ability to deliver in high-pressure situations and with short deadlines
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days