Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Head of Plasma-Derived Therapies Pharmaceutical Science & Devices in our Cambridge office.
The Plasma-Derived Therapies Business Unit (PDT BU) R&D group is dedicated to bringing forward new therapeutic approaches based on plasma-derived therapies for patients with rare and complex diseases. Takeda believes there is tremendous potential to do more to meet patients and health care providers expectations with
plasma-derived and plasma-oriented therapies for patients with immunologic, hematologic, and other complex diseases. This is a new R&D organization, and the incoming leader will have the ability to create and define the future vision and operating model for the team.
The PDT R&D group is developing two innovation engines:
- Translational Pharmaceutical Sciences: This innovation engine will practice rapid-cycle innovation to test and develop improvements to existing products, develop new products, and improve yield. This combines translational research with pharmaceutical sciences and device, and it receive inputs from and into clinical research and manufacturing sciences.
- Precision Medicine: This engine will focus on developing comprehensive, value-oriented health care delivery packages around drug products, targeted to maximize benefit and reduce risk to precise patient populations. In the process, we expect that this engine will innovated the health care R&D paradigm by practicing patient-centric R&D.
The Head of PDT Pharmaceutical Science and Devices is responsible for driving new, innovative methods and programs to improve the process, product, and delivery quality of plasma-derived therapies, optimized for patients for globally and locally. This includes evaluation of new products, new formulations, therapy/device combinations, alternative fractionation technologies, extraction of new plasma proteins plus process and analytical development to support clinical studies.
PDT R&D focuses first and foremost on developing therapies that will improve the health care outcomes of patients Takeda aims to serve. The Head of PDT Pharm Sci and Devices will be accountable for:
- Drives for new, innovative methods / programs to improve the quality and efficient production of plasma-derived therapies for global and local distribution
- Evaluates new indications, new fractions, new products (including, potentially combinations), drug-device combinations and any other process and analytical development within plasma to ensure maximal potential of the product to improve health
- Manages Process Development (PD) and Analytical Development (AD) teams
- Liaises with other R&D functions, GMS/Biolife on joint projects to ensure smooth collaboration with GMS & experience exchange
- Keeps Plasma formulation and related (non-fractionation) tech. at industry best-in-class standard, drives projects through PD/AD; manages wet labs to ensure quality
- Develop novel delivery and management (including e-health ) devices for patients with complex, rare diseases
- Develop diagnostic tools and services, including point-of-care diagnostics, per asset strategy
- Strives to support differentiation of the therapies
- Liaises with other R&D functions on critical joint projects
- Drives team to honor timelines & deliverables
- Works in conjunction with Pharm Sci and clinical medicine to develop strategy and objectives for devices, especially drug-device combos
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS:
- This is a senior leadership role on a new R&D team at Takeda. The incumbent must be creative, courageous, collaborative, and empowering.
- The team will be located in two global locations: ability to define a cohesive culture based on Takeda s values is critical.
- Expect 20% travel
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- The incoming leader must be comfortable with working in a fast-paced environment and comfortable with ambiguity
- Must show examples of strong leadership and collaboration with multi-disciplinary teams
- 10+ years of Pharm Sci pharmaceutical/ biotechnology industry experience is required
- Comfortable knowledge of plasma derived therapies fractionation processes and analytics is required
- Successful track record of developing employees and team members is critical
- Advanced degree (PhD or MD (or equivalent)) is required
- Engineering degree is preferred
- Experience bringing forward one new molecular entity through US or EU approval is preferred
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.