Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Director, Global Portfolio Strategy in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Director working on the Global Portfolio Strategy team, you will be empowered to support Takeda s Therapeutic Areas and Drug Discovery Units for assigned disease areas and be a conduit for these areas to Takeda s Executive Teams, and a typical day will include:
The Director, Global Portfolio Strategy is a core member of the Global Portfolio Strategy team and serves as the dedicated Business Partner to 1-2 Therapeutic Area(s) and the relevant Drug Discovery Unit(s). They contribute substantially to shaping the future strategy and direction of Takeda R&D through the development, implementation and continued optimization of the internal and external pipeline management process. This role includes working internally with discovery research, clinical development, and commercial stakeholders, and externally with thought leaders in portfolio management, to evolve the Takeda R&D strategy based on patient need / external market dynamics and make recommendations to address long-term portfolio objectives.
- Dedicated business partner / single point of contact with a Therapeutic Area (TA) and relevant Drug Discovery Unit (DDU) for the Global Portfolio Strategy team. Partner with stakeholders in the TA, DDU, and Patient Value and Product Strategy (PVPS) to optimize governance decision-making, and build and maintain an expertise in pipeline assets to support key internal and external (e.g., investor relations) initiatives.
- Support the continued improvement and operationalization of cross-TA pipeline management processes for both internal and external pipeline assets which include scenario planning, risk / value analyses and trade-off decision frameworks.
- Support the Global Program Teams and CEI Business Development Teams in the preparation of high quality Pipeline Review Committee (PRC) submission material, including but not limited to the risk / value assessments and decision tree analyses, target product profile development, scenario planning, timelines & budget, and trade-off recommendations.
- Partner with the Corporate Strategy Group and Finance organization in the development and integration of an R&D strategic plan with the long-range forecast / mid-year commitment / mid-range planning processes.
- Provide strategic leadership and expertise with respect to portfolio analytics and decision making including structuring of problems and interpretation of insights that facilitates trade-off discussions and buy-up decisions for new projects.
- Monitor portfolio progress and related milestones, identify gaps and make strategic recommendations.
- Support strategic initiatives that enable R&D to improve productivity and execute on the vision of being an agile, patient-centric organization.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor s degree in business / finance / economics and / or in health or life sciences required. Advanced degree (PhD, MD, MBA) strongly preferred.
- Minimum 10 years industry experience in an R&D or Portfolio function and a deep understanding of the drug discovery and development process.
- Management / strategy consulting experience a plus.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in R&D - ability to define, develop and implement portfolio strategies based on trends, opportunities, needs and market direction within pharmaceutical industry and/or health care environment.
- Operational experience in investment optimization models, asset valuation and portfolio assessment techniques.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills and acumen. Structured thinker, strong communicator. Ability to influence across a range of functions.
- Experience presenting to and interacting with Senior Executives and/or R&D Leadership teams and engenders buy-in and followership across a broad range of stakeholders.
- Analytical: ability to synthesize information from multiple sources, communicate ideas, and extract themes and trends to enable strategic decision making
- Strong financial, budget and resource planning experience
- Ability to articulate and establish processes which impact cross-functionally
- Proactive ability to predict issues and problem solve
- Willingness to travel to various meetings or Takeda sites, including overnight trips. Some international travel may be required.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.