Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Manager, Congresses, Outreach and Medical Education in our Cambridge, Massachusetts office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Manager, Congresses, Outreach and Medical Education working on the Medical Communications team, you will be empowered to make meaningful contributions, and a typical day will include:
The Manager of Congresses, Outreach and Medical Education will be responsible for contributing to the development of annual congress plans and the execution of Global Medical Affairs Oncology (GMAO) congress activities and tactics pre-, during and post congress. This role will work in close collaboration with the GMAO Congress Lead and other key stakeholders in Global Medical Affairs Oncology and the larger Takeda organization.
The manager of Congresses, Outreach and Medical Education will lead the development of a compliant medical education strategy aligned with the disease area medical strategy. This role will be responsible for driving the execution of medical education programs for each oncology disease area under the guidance of the Associate Director. This individual will also be responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of the grant review and management process including reviewing grant requests, maintaining relationships with requestors, processing the applications through to payment, and auditing key programs.
While this is a global position, the individual in this role will have a global scope with a focus on high priority congresses and medical education in the US market.
Congress Strategy & Execution
- Develop annual product congress strategy and objectives for the global and US teams in close collaboration with GMAO team members (Medical Director, and Medical Communication Lead
- Coordinate global congress activities and tactics across GMAO
- Support execution of ONCORE (cross-functional congress committee) identified initiatives, including coordination of GMAO resources and activities
- Develop content for the medical affairs booth in collaboration with GMAO stakeholders, as well as supporting third-party vendors
- Support the execution of pre-, during and post-congress medical activities
- Liaise with global, regional and local compliance to ensure that all GMAO congress-related activities are compliant with respective national regulations
Grant Strategy and Execution
- Develops a medical education strategy and objectives for disease areas in close collaboration with GMAO team (Medical Director, and Medical Communication Lead)
- Leads disease area educational needs assessment projects including setting strategic goals
- Develop a company sponsorship strategy and facilitate decisions on identified programs
- Execute company sponsorships on selected opportunities that align with strategy
- Manages and is responsible for the strategic review, approval, and evaluation of educational grants
- Serves as the Congress Outreach and Medical Education strategic point of contact for interacting with grant requestors (i.e. academic institutions, professional societies, medical education providers) and internal partners including grant review teams, Legal, and GMAO teams
- Monitor the status of medical education programs and audit live education programs
- Manage the grant system including contract generation, reconciliation and payment
- Manage US and global grants/sponsorship budget including reporting and deliverable reconciliation
- Designs and implements internal communication plans to share metrics and impact of supported educational activities
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Education and Experience:
- PhD or PharmD.
- 2 + years research, healthcare or related experience
- Excellent communication and budget management skills
- Collaboration skills are essential
- Ability to make decisions based on a defined plan and framework
2+ years Medical Affairs experience or related industry experience
Demonstrated results in medical education, which may include congress management, publications, medical information and training
Knowledge and experience of oncology
Understanding of pharmaceutical clinical development and product life-cycle management
Working experience in cross-functional teams within the pharmaceutical or related industry
Up to 20% domestic and international travel required.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.