Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as an Associate Director, Protein and Cell Line Generation in our Cambridge office. Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As an Associate Director, Protein and Cell Line Generation working on the Global Biologics team, you will be empowered to lead weekly prioritization of the protein production and guide a small team in the generation of overexpressing and reporter lines for assay development, and a typical day will include:
As one of the leaders of the Global Biologics Research Team, the Associate Director will provide the overall vision and strategy for the Protein and Cell Line Generation team in supporting Takeda s innovative pipeline. This leadership role provides an opportunity to guide a strong team of scientists and continue to build capabilities that align with a world-class Global Biologics department.
- Establish the roadmap and strategy for the Protein and Cell Line Generation group in technical support of internal and partnered programs to reach IND.
- Responsible for protein expression and purification capabilities to support biologic programs in Oncology, GI, and Neuro.
- Lead weekly prioritization of the protein production queue using a range of expression hosts and various molecular formats
- Guide a small team in the generation of overexpressing and reporter lines for assay development in support of both biologic and small molecule programs
- Contribute to establishing state-of-the-art DNA/protein inventory management and LIMS systems
- Manage day-to-day operations of the Protein & Cell Line Generation group. Align project requirements with appropriate resources and forecast future needs.
- Facilitate technical interactions with internal stakeholders and external partners to support development of innovative biologic therapeutics
- Work closely with the leaders of Biotherapeutic Engineering, Lead Discovery, and Protein Analytics in synergizing group connectivity and elevating scientific contributions within Global Biologics Research department.
- Cultivate and foster a culture of cohesion, teamwork, accessibility, transparency, and efficiency.
Education, Competencies and Skills:
- PhD degree in a scientific discipline with 10+ years experience, or equivalent
- 5 years of Industry experience required
- 5 years of managerial experience required
- Outstanding expertise and depth of knowledge within a scientific area
- Keeps up with the up-to-date scientific advancement (e.g. competitive landscape, new technology, new research portfolio, and new partnership)
- Has significant organizational leadership responsibility, including primary responsibility for a defined function, department, or research area
- Responsible for creating and communicating a clear vision and strategy for his/her area of primary responsibility, directed toward establishment and progression of an industry-leading research portfolio
- Provides significant input into overall DDU portfolio and department strategy
- Provides leadership and strategic support to other parts of the Takeda organization, and/or to external collaborators
- Works closely with the leaders of Biotherapeutic Engineering, Lead Discovery, and Protein Analytics in synergizing group connectivity and elevating scientific contributions within Global Biologics Research department
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
Company match of charitable contributions
Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.