US-MA, Associate Scientist, Translational Technologies R0006126-MZ
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Associate Scientist, Translational Technologies in our Cambridge office.
- Establish tissue-based scientific methodologies for target discovery/validation, therapeutic modality differentiation, and mechanism of action analysis
- Deliver state-of-the-art oncology pathology/biomarker analysis in support of discovery stage and early clinical stage therapeutics
- Collaborate with related functions including protein sciences, pharmacology, cytometry-based profiling, drug safety, translational sciences and bioinformatics
- Interact with external vendors to outsource selected Immunohistochemistry assays and analysis for Discovery projects
- Develop immunohistochemistry assays utilizing human and animal model tissue for profiling oncology and immuno-oncology target expression.
- Profile primary human tumors for target mapping and reverse translation to inform clinical indication for targets
- Develop multiplex immunohistochemistry and fluorescence assays, perform digital visualization and analysis methods to assess complex cellular phenotypes including immune cell involvement in pre-clinical and clinical tissue samples
- Help procure and maintain human tissue bank within Translational Technologies in conjunction with departmental colleagues.
- Perform experimental execution, data presentation and interpretation for target tissue mapping and
mechanism of action/biomarker analyses for specific projects/targets
- Engage with project teams to execute research strategies supporting target/ drug interactions, identification of immune components in model systems, and biomarker identification and validation.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with departmental colleagues as well as cell biologists, pharmacologists,
information technologists and external partners in a cross-functional, collaborative team environment
- Appropriately document and report data to support regulatory filings
- Review data from external vendors
- Responsibilities include 60-70% lab work and 30-40% outsourcing support activities
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- BS with >2 years experience related to Immunohistochemistry, target validation, mechanism of action, pharmacodynamic, and translational strategies for immuno-oncology and antibody based therapeutics
- Knowledge of oncology biology, including immuno-oncology
- Familiarity with human and animal tissue histology preferred
- Demonstrated expertise in histology/biomarker techniques relevant to oncology drug discovery
- Experience in automated assay development (Lieca, Ventana) and analysis of markers in human and animal tissue specimens (Halo) is strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
Please visit our website at takedajobs.com