- We are seeking an experienced commercial leader to join our team as the ALUNBRIG US Brand Head. As the first commercial product in our growing solid tumor portfolio, ALUNBRIG has delivered strong growth since its launch in 1H 2017. With positive clinical trial results recently reported in the front-line setting, the brand is poised to accelerate growth with expected future label expansions.
- The selected individual will inspire, set direction, and mobilize the cross-functional team to define and achieve the brand strategic objectives within the existing and expected future licensed indications.
- The Brand Head will be accountable for working collaboratively with key internal and external stakeholders, including Takeda professionals from Sales, Business Insights, Medical Affairs, Clinical Development, Advocacy, and other critical functions. He/she will also engage with key investigators and thought leaders to ensure brand strategies and tactics are based upon actionable market- and brand-specific insights.
- This individual will have supervisory responsibility for the brand marketers and serve as a functional leader in the execution of creative, impactful marketing initiatives.
- The Brand Head will be responsible for the product P&L within the current licensed indication, and for ensuring the launch readiness and execution against plan for future indications including front-line therapy for NSCLC ALK+ patients.
- Develop and execute US commercial strategies based upon a deep understanding of key market opportunities and challenges, and which contribute to an integrated, cross-functional set of brand strategic imperatives and corresponding tactical programs.
- Ensure timely understanding of brand performance and work collaboratively within the brand team to modulate tactical plans as necessary. Direct cost-effective allocation of resources to deliver commercial objectives, and guide team members to understand and report the impact of brand commercial programs.
- Lead the cross-functional brand team in key business processes including the annual strategic brand planning, semi-annual financial forecasting, and monthly operational reviews with the US Oncology Business Unit (OBU) leadership team.
- Contribute to key opinion leader and advocacy development consistent with Takeda polices in order to anticipate changes in the treatment landscape and to inform ALUNBRIG commercial programs.
- Work across the brand team to ensure the US OBU successfully launches the front-line indication following expected FDA approval based upon the pivotal ALTA-1L study.
- Inspire, coach and develop the ALUNBRIG marketing team to ensure world-class capabilities are brought to the definition, execution, and reporting of marketing initiatives.
- Represent the US OBU in the ALUNBRIG Global Brand Team and with senior management when discussing current and future opportunities within NSCLC treatment.
- Demonstrate Takeda values on a daily basis. Act, and inspire others to act, in ways that are consistent with Takeda values and policies.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- BA/BS degree in business, marketing, or science required
- Minimum of 10 years of pharmaceutical commercial experience, including a minimum 5 years within a US commercial organization with responsibility for pre-launch or in-line marketing for an oncology brand.
- Experience leading, motivating and developing direct reports to create high-perfoming teams. Additionally, experience leading cross-functional teams through indirect influence is required.
- Demonstrated track record of formulating commercial strategies and executing the resulting marketing campaigns; ability to demonstrate business impact of key commercial tactics to optimize the investment mix.
- Knowledge and understanding of the drug development, regulatory review, and commercialization processes for specialty products within the US environment.
- Ability to think creatively and problem-solve in a rapidly changing, competitive environment
- Demonstrated proficiency with utilizing qualitative and quantitative methodologies to create business cases for investment based upon a thorough understanding of current and expected future marketplace dynamics
- Enthusiasm, confidence, and leadership skills sufficient to successfully engage diverse stakeholders including senior Takeda executives, external thought leaders, and a talented brand team
- Advanced degree, particularly in business or biotechnology management, is desirable
- Experience leading an oncology brand team through product launch or label expansion is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated track record of successfully identifying and developing talent
- Ability to work a computer for extended periods of time
- 30% or more as needed for specific business needs; may include overnight and international travel
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.