US-CA, Global Category Manager R0005796-MZ
GLOBAL CATEGORY MANAGER - R&D RESEARCH SERVICES
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Global Category Manager in our Cambridge, MA office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Global Category Manager working in the Global Procurement Team, you will be empowered to work closely with leaders across Discovery Research and related disciplines to operate, maintain, and innovate via the development and execution of a comprehensive Global Category Strategy for Research Services. The role will focus on holistic value creation blending a need for outstanding business partnering alongside category management excellence. The role will work closely with Drug Discovery Unit (DDU) Leadership, the Function Platform Heads and Discovery Teams to support increased pipeline agility and speed to IND through use of external specialist suppliers to solve scientific issues and remove critical path bottlenecks.
As Global Category Manager (GCM) working on the Procurement team, you will be empowered and a typical day will include:
The Global Category Manager plans and leads category initiatives for a clearly defined large and complex sub-category or a group of complex sub-categories with a total spend value of more than USD200m and develops and implements sub-category strategies for market facing spend categories as part of the wider Category Strategy. The GCM is accountable for a significant proportion of the overall category savings target and leads proactive category projects, spanning sourcing projects, demand management and process re-engineering, as well as managing sub-category specific supplier performance and innovation activities to support the delivery of the global procurement targets.
The position is responsible for providing financial and business analysis (e.g. Data mining of Procurement and Financial Systems, output analysis and interpretation), supporting global market intelligence in the category area and acting as the focal point for category subject matter expertise to the global business and procurement community.
The position will support Global Procurement Leadership in the development of formalized Category Management organization structures and category management methods and collaborates with procurement and senior stakeholders from core business functions (CMSO, Global Commercial and R&D functions) on a global basis to ensure these are implemented effectively. In addition, the GCM will ensure appropriate Supplier Relationship Management efforts are implemented; the objective of which is to ensure performance delivery, continuous improvement and access to innovation from supplier arrangements to achieve value contribution targets on a global basis.
Through the application of rigorous Category Management tools, systems and techniques, the GCM will deliver business value (operational and financial) in line with the agreed functional and business goals. In addition they will take personal ownership of large and/or complex arrangements and provide subject matter expertise for other supply and commercial arrangements as required.
1. Collate supplier, market, category and internal business data and information for the sub-categories in scope, and provide in-depth input and validation to the global Category Strategy, including facilitating involvement of senior stakeholders. Using this as a basis, develop sub-category specific category strategies and communicate and distribute to a large network of procurement and senior business stakeholders. Strategies developed will be scalable and aligned appropriately across Takeda Operating Companies and functions.
2. Provide sub-category input to inform the top-down target setting process and take responsibility for the delivery of significant sub-category savings targets following engagement in the target setting process.
3. Develop a pipeline of sub-category initiatives and opportunities (Savings / Productivity / Risk Management / Innovation) required to meet significant targets using external supply market / business intelligence, application of benchmarking methodologies and internal business partner knowledge. This process may include management and coordination of specialist suppliers on market intelligence data.
4. Provide input into the development of the Annual Category Plan based on the sub-category strategy, business planning activities and sub-category pipeline and ensure these are staffed and executed in a timely basis in line with targeted goals. This will involve management and development of allocated project managers in the deployment of projects.
5. Provide sub-category input into the development of the Category Management Handbook to translate the Category Strategy and Annual Category Plan into clear, practical guidance for key procurement and functional colleagues and ensure that category associates involved in operational buying activities have access to the Category Management Handbook.
6. Liaise with the regional procurement hubs and the business to ensure the generation of monthly metrics reports:
7. Represent the Global Category Lead (GCL) in planning, stakeholder management, people and project management activities if and when required.
8. Work with the required functions or other areas within Procurement (e.g. Process & Systems) to support programs to deliver spend accuracy in the covered sub-category area in line with agreed goals.
9. Ensure a robust approach to Supplier Performance and Innovation (SP&I) and lead sub-category specific SP&I projects, supported by members of the SP&I team:
10. Non-category accountabilities:
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
Ability to travel (air and ground, domestic and internationally) for meetings at Takeda and Supplier sites; approximately 30%.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Deerfield, IL, San Diego, CA
Please visit our website at takedajobs.com