Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. We endeavor to build an industry-leading Discovery Toxicology program at Takeda. Become a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission by joining as a Discovery Toxicologist in our Cambridge office.
Our ideal candidate will have a proven track record in prominent roles supporting cross-functional Discovery teams. She/he is able to leverage their deep insights into cellular and pathway mechanisms in order to provide expert advice and direction to improve the quality of therapeutics. An emphasis in the fields of immunology and/or oncology would be a strong plus.
- As part of the Global Discovery Toxicology Team work in interdisciplinary teams within and across Global Safety to provide safety support to early discovery teams and engage in core activities within the Discovery Toxicology group
- Work as part of a team of safety assessment scientists and more broadly DMPK, pathology, pharmacology, and medicinal chemistry experts to implement discovery toxicology strategy to enable the selection and progression of optimized drug candidates
- Apply novel toxicity mechanism-based assays and integrated models to support early target safety and chemistry evaluation.
- Provide pharmaceutical drug project teams with expert advice and direction to improve the quality of therapeutics selected for further development based on proactive risk assessment of target- and chemotype-related toxicities
- Develop comprehensive safety target reviews with risk mitigation plan for early drug discovery project teams based on literature, bioinformatics, and other predictive tools.
- Apply state of the art in silico and in vitro de-risking strategies to aid in the selection and optimization of large and small molecule therapeutics
- Lead the development of early hypothesis-driven investigation into mechanisms of toxicity for the proactive management of potential safety liabilities and communication of impact to teams
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Minimum of MS with 8 years of pharmaceutical experience or PhD in a scientific discipline with 3 years postdoctoral experience and/or 5+ years of experience working at a pharmaceutical company
- Passion to decrease safety related attrition in drug discovery
- Demonstrated experience and ability to work effectively in a matrix, global environment as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Broad scientific knowledge including pharmacology, toxicology, physiology and biochemistry.
- Experience in development across mixed modalities and an extensive knowledge in immunology and/or oncology is desired.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- DABT certification a plus, but not necessary