Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Summer Intern for 2018 in our Cambridge, MA, office.
Here, everyone matter and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
Takeda's summer internship program blends real world experience with an extensive overview of the pharmaceutical industry. Knowledgeable mentors will provide guidance as you gain professional hands-on experience. The summer internship program is 12 weeks in length and offers a unique perspective into a world-class pharmaceutical company. Compensation is competitive, and financed temporary housing is available to those who qualify. Our internship program also provides you the opportunity to network with people at Takeda through various planned events and activities.
The Medical Information & Review team delivers high quality, balanced and timely medical and scientific information regarding specific products, upon the request of internal and external business partners, health care professionals (HCPs) and consumers. Another critical responsibility of this position is to provide medical and scientific review of promotional and non-promotional materials and sales training communications to support the Medical/Regulatory/Legal process. The position will also work with our disease and product training team, organizing and delivering cutting-edge Oncology training for Medical Affairs and extended cross-functional teams.
- Retrieve, analyze and interpret the professional and scientific literature to assist in providing medical information to consumers and health care professionals.
- Use a systematic and efficient procedure to retrieve appropriate medical information to assist in answering a request.
- Utilize several types of medical information resources that can be used to satisfy a medical information request.
- Evaluate components of research literature, including study design, methodology, results, conclusions, and clinical significance, for appropriateness, accuracy, and completeness.
- Formulate medical information responses based on requestors questions and Takeda's medical information editorial standards.
- Provide medical and scientific review of a medical information response, and non-promotional material to support the Medical/Regulatory/Legal process.
- Understand the various roles, processes and industry standards involved in providing medical information and review in the pharmaceutical industry setting.
- Supporting the GMAO training team with organizing and delivering cutting-edge Oncology training for Medical Affairs, and Oncology data-sharing presentations for cross-functional teams
- Engaging with innovative training techniques, including mobile gaming tools, digital metrics, etc to support training retention and measurements of effectiveness
- Develop knowledge of other roles and functions within Medical and Scientific Affairs and other departments.
- In addition, the intern, in consultation with the internship supervisor, will develop and present one structured presentation relevant to Medical Information & Review.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Must be enrolled in a U.S. accredited university for the semester before and immediately following the internship.
- Candidate must be pursuing a PharmD
- Candidate must have completed their P2 year if pursuing PharmD
- Experience in each of the following MS Office applications:
- MS Outlook Limited experience
- MS Word Proficient
- MS Excel Proficient
- MS PowerPoint Proficient
- Experience performing searches of medical and scientific literature using PubMed and/or Ovid
- Knowledge of commonly used study designs used in carrying out clinical and public health research
- Ability to write clearly, concisely, and objectively in order to convey medical and scientific concepts
The ideal candidate exhibits strong analytical, problem solving, and oral and written communication skills he orshe also possesses the ability to work well in teams, effectively manage multiple projects, and present ideas clearly and concisely.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Paid Intern (Fixed Term) (Trainee)