Takeda California's internship program blends real world experience with an extensive overview of the pharmaceutical industry. Knowledgeable mentors will provide guidance as you gain professional hands-on experience.
The internship is 40 hours a week throughout the summer and offers a unique perspective into a world-class pharmaceutical company.
The Computational and Statistical Genetics Intern will be part of a team focused on computational genomics and statistical genetics support of discovery research and translational science.
- Applies statistical genetics analyses to large scale internal and external genetics and genomics data to support or falsify target hypotheses and support patient and indication selection and biomarker development.
- Performs computational analysis of WES, RNA-seq, other OMICS and real-world data from internal, collaboration and public sources.
- Applies unsupervised and supervised machine learning and other advanced algorithms to extract novel biologically meaningful information.
- Integrates genomics, genetics, epigenetics, proteomics and literature data to strengthen understanding of diseases and treatment perturbations.
- Writes study reports and presents data effectively.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Full time senior year graduate student with a major in statistical genetics, computational biology or similar scientific field preferred
- Must be available to work 40 hours/week.
- Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment (i.e. computers, phones, etc.).
- Carrying, handling and reaching for objects.
- Sit and type on the computer for extended periods of time
San Diego, CA
Paid Intern (Fixed Term) (Trainee)