US-MA, 2019 Informatics Summer Internship - Cell Therapies R0004960-MZ
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Summer Intern for 2018 in our Cambridge, MA location.
Here, everyone matter and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
Takeda's summer internship program blends real world experience with an extensive overview of the pharmaceutical industry. Knowledgeable mentors will provide guidance as you gain professional hands-on experience. The summer internship program is 12 weeks in length and offers a unique perspective into a world-class pharmaceutical company. Compensation is competitive, and financed temporary housing is available to those who qualify. Our internship program also provides you the opportunity to network with people at Takeda through various planned events and activities.
In this unique Informatics and database engineering assignment you will be at the scientific forefront of cell therapies striving towards improving outcomes for patients with B cell malignancies and solid tumors. This position s primary role is to help with setup of cell process and product characterization databases by working with team members to transfer experimental data from biological assays. Assignment may include biological data analysis and visualization
- Experience or interest in database engineering and setup
- Knowledge of programming and/or database query language: SQL, Java,
-Desirable experience with biological data visualization using R, MatLab or JMP
Experience in each of the following MS Office applications:
- MS Outlook - Proficient
- MS Word - Proficient
- MS Excel - Proficient
- MS PowerPoint - Proficient
- Must be deadline driven and have a high level of organizational and planning skills
- The ideal candidate exhibits strong analytical, problem-solving, and oral and written communication skills; he or she also
possesses the ability to work well in teams, effectively manage multiple projects, and present ideas clearly and concisely.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Applicants must be enrolled in a U.S. accredited university for the semester before and immediately following the
- Applicants must be pursuing a Bachelor s degree and have completed at least their sophomore year or be a graduate level student pursuing either a PharmD or Master s degree; for Bachelor s and Master s degree students, a major in a healthcare, pharmacy or life science field is preferred.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants
with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Paid Intern (Fixed Term) (Trainee)
Please visit our website at takedajobs.com