Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Research Associate II, Ex Vivo Neuropharmacology in our San Diego, California office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Research Associate II, Ex Vivo Neuropharmacology on the Neuroscience Drug Discovery team, you will be empowered to perform brain dissections, receptor occupancy and GTP S binding assay in brain membrane, ex vivo tissue analysis such as western blot, qPCR and ELISA, and confocal imaging and
- The Research Associate II, Ex Vivo Neuropharmacology (RAII) should be able to independently provide ex vivo pharmacology support to Takeda, California portfolio programs within Neuroscience Drug Discovery Unit. This includes tissue dissection and sample processing (WB, qPCR, ELISA), brain slice autoradiography and receptor occupancy (target engagement studies), and confocal imaging and imaging analysis. Additionally, the RAII will work closely with in vivo colleagues to help coordinate experiments and provide input on the experimental design to maximize the benefit from ex vivo endpoints associated with in life studies.
- The Research Associate II will perform brain dissections for RNA and protein extraction, WB, qPCR and ELISA. RAII will be in charge of running target engagement studies through receptor occupancy and binding assay. RAII also will support IHC and IF imaging and analysis.
- Work independently to establish and validate protocols not yet set up in-house on as needed basis as well as troubleshoot issues by reviewing literature.
- Accurately follow protocols, record detailed observations and data in electronic notebook system, create summary reports for the projects and communicate results to the teams.
- Manage priorities and set appropriate weekly workload for the ex vivo studies.
- Participate in training programs, review and study literature and design experiments, and provide updates at project meetings as appropriate.
- Coordinate with project leaders to set acceptable timeline for each project based on urgency and resource limitations and communicate with the upstream and downstream of ex vivo study processes as demanded by projects to provide meaningful and desired data.
- Maintain the operation of the ex vivo laboratory according to established standards and in legal compliance.
- Perform general lab support duties including preparation of solutions, ordering supplies, and maintaining lab equipment.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- BSc in Neuroscience, Pharmacology or related field with at least 2 years laboratory research experience OR BS in Neuroscience, Pharmacology or related field with at least 2 or more years laboratory research experience
- Must be highly competent in autoradiography and receptor occupancy.
- Must have experience in microscopy, confocal microscopy and imaging analysis.
- Prefer experience in qPCR, western blot and ELISA.
- Skilled in statistical analysis, graphing programs like Graphpad Prism, PowerPoint presentations and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and possess the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to design and interpret experiments collaboratively and independently
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities to achieve desired goals
- Excellent attention to detail
- Carrying, handling and reaching for objects up to 25 lbs.
- Able to work in a lab environment
- Exposure to hazardous and toxic chemicals
- Potential exposure to rodent allergens
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
San Diego, CA