Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as an Associate Director, External Support CNS, in our San Diego, California office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As an Associate Director, External Support CNS, working on the CNS Drug Discovery Team, you will be empowered to contribute to development of new concepts in Neuroscience to aid in our CNS portfolio.
- Works with internal project teams to identify suitable external partners to generate research to support our ongoing scientific efforts. Coordinates with vendors and other external partners to ensure the quality of the data and its timely delivery. Coordinates closely with Takeda partners including procurement, purchasing, finance, and animal welfare to ensure that external work is executed efficiently. The colleague will be well acquainted with the landscape of external CNS vendors and will be expected to have and build relationships with key stakeholders. Proposes, initiates, and conducts research projects or research programs in collaboration with the Director of CNS Biology and the CNS Franchise. Supports the entire CNS Research effort and functions with considerable freedom. exercise independent judgment; handles multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Provides leadership to the San Diego based project teams with respect to the externalization of the project studies
- Oversees external project deliverables and ensures cost effective and timely studies
- Contributes to the design of studies to support CNS projects
- Serves as a member of multiple project teams and updates teams on external collaboration studies
- Acts as a liaison between the CNS biology team and Takeda Finance and procurement departments
- Plans, implements and manages and external non-clinical activities and interactions to deliver key experimental studies to support CNS Research goals
- Identifies and applies novel technology and expertise that can be employed to support project teams
- Presents results both written and verbal and delivers completed reports within a multidisciplinary team environment
- Closely collaborate/interact with other scientists from global Takeda R&D
- Diligently performs assigned lab and company responsibilities
- Maintains concise, accurate, and comprehensible written records as per Takeda California policy
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- PhD or masters and at least 8 years of research experience (Postdoctoral position may serve as experience)
- Demonstrated technical proficiency. Extensive, in-depth expertise in CNS pharmacology
- Has 5+ years of drug discovery experience, preferably including experience in managing a cross-functional research group in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- Has 3+ years in project management in the pharmaceutical industry
- Has experience working with procurement and finance departments in the pharmaceutical industry
- Strong background in CNS Drug Discovery research, with an understanding of mechanism of action of targeted therapies (experience with psychiatric diseases preferred)
- Experience using a broad range of technologies; including cellular assay systems, molecular techniques, in vivo models of psychiatric diseases, etc.
- Willingness to work in a dynamic and changing environment
- Demonstrated supervisory experience and project management skills
- High level of motivation and a proven record of accomplishment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment (i.e. computers, phones, etc.).
- Carrying, handling and reaching for objects (up to 25 lbs.)
- Office, lab and vivarium environment
- Willingness to travel to various meetings or client sites, including overnight trips. Some international travel may be required
- Requires approximately 20 % travel
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please
San Diego, CA