Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Sr. Scientist, Cell Line Development-Clinic in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Sr. Scientist, Cell Line Development-Clinic working on the Upstream Development team, you will be empowered to contribute significantly on multiple projects and work on various stages of cell line development, and a typical day will include:
We are seeking a Senior Scientist to play a lead role in developing CHO cell lines for the production of biotherapeutics. Proficient in for clinic cell line development process and associated molecular biology and cell culture techniques, the scientist not only develops cell lines but also continually improves the process. Presents study results in internal meetings, participates in project meetings/decisions, and prepares regulatory documents
- Employs state-of-the-art methods at various stages of cell line development and independently generates CHO cell lines of high productivity and quality
- Conducts molecular biology studies to construct or modify expression vectors, genetically characterize the cell lines, analyse for sequence variants, etc.
- Performs phenotypic and genotypic characterizations of the cell lines
- Conducts own hands-on studies, and serves as a technical resource for junior staff and leverages expertise in laboratory technology as a functional resource/trainer
- Authors documents for regulatory filings
- Understands project timelines and deliverables and plans/coordinates project work accordingly with departmental, functional and external stakeholders
- Provides technical leadership to project teams within area of expertise and commits resources to execute specific project tasks
- Contributes significantly and independently to project work which may include multiple projects within functional area.
- Plans and implements resolutions to technical problems/issues
- Represents functional area on CMC project teams by communicating activities from designated functional area to project team
- Independently designs and executes experiments, and reports results
- Assists with development of project strategy and communicates complex data/decisions within department and cross functionally as necessary
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- A PhD or equivalent with 4+ years of relevant Post Doc experience; MS/MA with 14+ years or BS/BA with 16+ years relevant industry experience
- Experience in cell culture, recombinant protein expression, for-clinic cell line development, and associated molecular biology in a bioprocess development environment is essential
- Candidates with direct experience in the following aspects of cell line development using suspension CHO cells are highly preferred. Use of modern technologies for enrichment of recombinant cells and cell cloning; clonality determination; clone screening using automated systems; fed-batch culture in microbioreactors; and molecular analyses of recombinant cell lines
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements of the production cell lines for biotherapeutics
- Knowledge of emerging technologies, and motivation to continually improve processes
- Commitment to write SOPs and reports
- Experience in working in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Ability to work on their feet for long periods of time
- Handle hazardous research reagents
- Ability to handle up to 20lbs occasionally
May require approximately 5 % travel
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.