Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as an Associate Scientific Fellow, Cell Line Development for Clinic in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As an Associate Scientific Fellow working on the Cell Line Development team, you will be empowered to contribute significantly on multiple projects and work on various stages of cell line development, and a typical day will include:
Recognized as a technical expert in cell line development and related functions in bioprocess development. Utilizes technical expertise to contribute across multiple projects. Contributes to and drives technical/scientific strategy in generating production cell lines. Uses technical expertise to contribute across multiple projects. Benchmarks current trends in cell line development and cell culture technologies. Drives projects/initiatives to completion. Initiates and/or participates at a high level in projects that involve extraordinary, well-considered risks along with scientific/technical challenges. Directs and manages outsourcing across a product platform as appropriate.
- Be an expert in cell biology, molecular biology and protein expression
- Develops state-of-the-art methods at various stages of cell line development and leverages technical skills as an expert within the department
- Leads molecular biology studies to construct or modify expression vectors, engineer host cell lines, genetically characterize the cell lines, analyze for sequence variants, etc.
- Performs phenotypic and genotypic characterizations of the cell lines
- Trains junior staff and leverages expertise in laboratory technology as a functional resource/trainer
- Plans and implements resolutions to cell line development problems/issues
- Manages creation of GMP-compliant Cell Banks
- Authors documents for regulatory filings
- Serves as Technical Project Lead for delegated projects
- Coordinates and leads technology transfer to internal or external manufacturing sites or vendor
- Communicates with senior management of other functions on implementation of infrastructure, technology, work processes, or business processes.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelors degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science and 15+ years relevant industry experience
- Masters degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science; 13+ years relevant industry experience
- PhD in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science; 7+ years relevant industry experience
- Extensive experience in generating for-clinic cell lines producing active pharmaceutical ingredients and drug products under cGMP s
- Sound knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
- Experience leading functional regulatory strategy
- Analytical and Problem Solving Skills - Able to troubleshoot critical issues or problems and determine the causes and possible solutions;
- Teamwork -- Ability to work well on global cross-functional team.
- Communication Skills -Ability to express one s self clearly and concisely within team; documents issues and/or concerns concisely and comprehensively; adjusts communication style as appropriate for the audience timely and effectively communicates withsenior management; technical writing skills to support authorship of internal/externaland approval of internal technical documents
- Organization Exercises good time management and prioritization skills to balance a number of project and departmental objectives
- Technical - Recognized specialist in defined scientific area or areas
- Knowledge Sharing - ability to capture knowledge within the organization; improves solutions, processes, and deliverables through use of information; improves information capital by contributing experience, theories, deliverables, and models for others to use
- External Involvement Demonstrated involvement in professional community evidenced by presentation of scientific posters or lectures at professional conferences or events and communicating new scientific trends . Interacts with external vendors for projects
- Leadership Skills Develops and uses knowledge and interpersonal skills to appropriately influence and guide others towards the accomplishment of department/function goals and objectives
- Ability to work on their feet for long periods of time
- Handle hazardous research reagents
- Ability to handle up to 20lbs occasionally
- May require approximately 5-10% travel
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.