The Manager, Global Publications Oncology is responsible for managing the development and execution of publications strategies for programs that are in phase 1 or higher. This position requires a strong scientific and analytical background, preferably in life sciences and strong project management skills. The person in this job is expected to perform well in a matrix environment. The Manager, Global Publications Oncology will participate in the development of strategic publication plans; lead the publications planning team; manage the development of publications activities for external audiences, including, but not limited to, manuscripts, abstracts, posters, and oral presentations; manage vendors, freelancers, and available contractors, writers, and editors; and manage annual budget planning for each assigned compound. The individual in this role will be responsible for driving the publications process and ensuring compliance with global standards, and for ensuring accuracy and scientific rigor of publications. The Manager, Global Publications Oncology will participate in the development and review of publications SOPs and Work Practices, where appropriate.
The individual in this role will interact with cross-functional internal stakeholders, including members of R&D, Translational Medicine, and Outcomes Research, as well as other departments within Global Medical Affairs, Compliance, Legal, Marketing, and other Takeda business units (eg, Vaccines). The Manager, Global Publications Oncology will serve as primary liaison with internal and external opinion leaders, investigators, authors, partners, and affiliates on publication activities related to the compounds/programs.
The Manager, Global Publications Oncology is also responsible for understanding the disease landscape and competition for the compounds they work with. They will work with the Competitive Intelligence group and Global Medical Affairs Medical Communications colleagues to analyze congress abstracts and presentations a role that will require the Manager, Global Publications Oncology to be a subject matter expert.
- Publication management early and late phase projects
- Work with cross-functional, multidisciplinary teams to support the development, management, and execution of global or regionally integrated strategic publication plans that align with product medical strategies and medical communication plans
- Have a strong understanding of agent disease state, including landscape and competition
- Lead cross-functional publication planning team meetings
- Initiate communication with authors; identify all necessary data required for content development; participate in author meetings to facilitate content discussion and ensure appropriate content development process is followed
- Critically review publications including, but not limited to, manuscripts, abstracts, posters, and oral presentations, for accuracy and scientific rigor; manage and facilitate the content review process, including collating reviewer comments and having discussions with authors and reviewers
- Commitment to ethical practices in the preparation and dissemination of publications
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and policies
- Interact directly with Clinical, Statistics, Regulatory Affairs, and Medical Affairs to fully understand development programs, regulatory and medical strategies, and key scientific and communication objectives for the therapeutic area and develop appropriate scientific publications.
- Effectively and consistently communicate the publication strategy, tactical plan, and plan progress to internal business partners
- Manage medical writing agency, including oversight on execution of publications plans and budget, and maintenance of publications management databases such as Datavision
- Manage alliance partnerships
- Input into the process development and refinement, as/if needed
- Coordinate, plan, and manage publications budget for assigned program(s) in close collaboration with GMAO Operations team
- Provide medical and scientific review of Global Medical Affairs Oncology materials (and, if required, promotional materials) to support the medical (and promotional) review process
- Contribute to the development of content for Global Medical Affairs projects, including but not limited to, NCCN compendia, training materials, global congress plan, and medical resource tools, as needed
- Serve as the Global Publications representative on relevant Global Medical Strategy Team
- Attend conferences, symposia, or other meetings, as necessary or as assigned, and act as liaison between Global Publications Oncology and external content contributors
- Presentation and Writing Proficiency
- Excellent ability to interpret and present scientific and clinical trial data to a variety of audiences, along with a strong understanding of statistics
- Excellent writing skills coupled with a comprehensive knowledge of the publication process and publication guidelines, along with careful attention to detail
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Education and Experience:
Advanced degree (PhD, PharmD) in a scientific discipline 2+ years of healthcare or related experience (medical communications agency, pharmaceutical industry, research or academic), including medical writing experience Medical Affairs and Oncology experience strongly preferred. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in medical communications functions, which may include publications, medical information, and/or training.
- Understanding of pharmaceutical clinical development and product life-cycle management
Working experience in cross-functional team within the pharmaceutical or related industry
- Strategic Approach: Ability to identify opportunities and anticipate changes in the business landscape through an understanding and ongoing assessment of the environment
- Collaboration: Ability to cultivate a broad network of relationships throughout the organization, connecting global, regional and local organizations. Requires experience and success in working in a matrix, cross-functional environment; excellent collaboration skills; experience working across functions to achieve results
- Engage Others: Ability to create a clear and unifying vision inspiring teams to excel
- Drive for Results: Creates functional strategies and goals that are closely aligned with company objectives and develops metrics to track and assess performance
- Creativity and innovation: Ability to contribute to data analytics and publications planning, including ideas for sub-analyses
- Compliance and regulatory: Excellent understanding of regulatory, compliance and legal requirements
- Technical skills: Advanced PC skills, including Datavision, MS Project, Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio and SharePoint
Up to 10% domestic and international travel required
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.