Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us a Data Engineer, Visualization in our Cambridge, MA office.
Here, everyone matter and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Data Engineer, Visualization working in the Data Engineering and Emerging Technologies team, a typical day will include:
- As a Data Engineer, you will be tasked with creating an ecosystem to have the right data, to ask the right question, at the right time.
- Apply advanced techniques to complex problems in R&D and other organizations.
- For this specific role, there will be a focus on visualization of data.
- Work directly with the Data Science in R&D at Takeda along with other advanced analytics organizations across the company.
- Apply advance techniques in structured, partly structured and unstructured data across different partner organizations.
- Implement solutions for both big data and difficult to structure data sets.
- Maintain up-to-data knowledge on modern data technologies, explores new platforms and beta tooling.
- Independently use own judgement to identify data requirements and influences the design.
- Influence new computer science platforms to design, analyze and implement complex and new data driven solutions that impact the company.
- Provide leadership to complex data analysis, uses and explores data, languages, tools and software to best construct data for predictive modeling, tests the model, trains data to deploy the modeling within a complex R&D, Medical, Mathematical environment and a large complexity of IT systems and data.
COMPETENCES, EDUCATIONAL AND SKILLS
- Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science or Data Science
- 2+ years experience or relevant project / coursework
- Up-to-date specialized knowledge of data wrangling, manipulation and management of technologies.
- Ability to manipulate voluminous data with different degree of structuring across disparate sources to build and communicate actionable insights for internal or external parties.
- Possesses strong communication skills to portray information.
- Experience with Rapid UI Prototyping.
- Experience with Tableau or Qlik
- Experience with R or Python UI tools (R Shiny, ggplot, Seaborn, Matplotlib )
- Ability to work in an agile environment with high quality deliverables.
- Experience with two of the following languages: Java, Scala, R or Python
- Experience with UI frameworks like R. Understanding of Web Services as well as JSON formats
- Working knowledge of SQL and Relational Databases
- Experience with one of the following NoSQL datastores (Cassandra, MongoDB, Neo4J, )
- Experience with concepts of Hadoop and Spark
- Experience with Tableau, R Shiny, Pandas and ggplot
- Experience with Multiple NoSQL datastores (Cassandra, MongoDB, Neo4J, )
- Experience with data formats including Parquet, ORC or AVRO
- Understanding of AWS (S3, EC2, Redshift, EMR, Athena)
- Experience with a Rapid UI tools: EX: Tableau