- Accountable for ensuring assigned patient support program operational objectives and performance indicators are met to ensure the delivery of operational excellence Additionally, the role is required to constantly identify methods to drive a high level of operational accuracy and efficiency across contracted vendors (ie: co-pay, HUB, home infusion, specialty pharmacy, lab)
- Design and implement process improvement strategies with contracted vendors.
- Ensure client satisfaction through achievement of contracted operational metrics. Develop and oversee Takeda s external partner s performance metrics and key deliverables.
- Assist in the development of an integrated patient services platform
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for an integrated patient services platform, working cross-functionally with members of Marketing, Sales Leadership, Sales Operations, Legal, Training, Medical and Scientific Affairs and Regulatory, Market Access, and Field Reimbursement along with relevant external customers and stakeholders.
- Leads the ongoing operations and management of SBU outsourced patient services providers with a focus on operational excellence in support of patient and brand objectives. Partner and oversee multiple vendors and key stakeholders to manage daily operations of programs which directly drive patient satisfaction.
- Ensures client satisfaction through achievement of operational metrics as committed. Develop and oversee Takeda s external partner s performance metrics and key deliverables. Identify process improvements to enhance overall results.
- Serves as primary Takeda contact for assigned patient services interactions and communications with and between multiple vendors(s) and key internal stakeholders; responsible for providing organizational changes related to patient services and support service programs. Manages vendor to ensure staff is meeting objectives and proactively ensures conflicts and employee issues are handled swiftly.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a solid understanding of areas related to patient services including HIPAA compliance, patient privacy/permission, and optimal patient interactions and establishing themselves as Takeda s subject matter expert for patient services.
- Collaborates with cross functional stakeholders to implement program improvements, departmental standard operating procedures, policies, as these relate to assigned specialty products. Builds and maintains effective working relationships with internal colleagues across various departments within Takeda including Marketing, Managed Markets, Sales, Medical and Scientific Affairs, Specialty Operations, Training, Compliance and Legal regarding all patient services and support service related programs.
- Ensures financial results meet or exceed budgeted/forecasted projections.
- Participates in operational collaboration for the development of proposals and RFP responses
- Actively participates in/leads client business reviews of all vendors.
- Identifies key initiatives for improvements / enhancements to patient service platform offerings.
Education and Skills:
- B.A. or B.S. accompanied by 7 + years of health care industry experience, pharmaceutical experience desirable.
- Expertise in Patient Assistance Program systems, processes, policies, and industry standards
- 2+ years of experience managing complex vendors with varying business models, patient services operations programs & complex budgets. Ability to manage complex projects, think strategically and understand details.
- Ability to partner, build relationships and influence decision making within multi-disciplinary teams both internally to Takeda and externally across the pharmaceutical industry.
- Familiarity with Home Infusion, Lab services, HUB services preferred
- Extensive understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and the competitive environment
- Understanding of buy and bill and prescription benefit models
- This position requires demonstrated success in managing relationships and operations in a pharmaceutical healthcare environment.
- Must demonstrate outstanding knowledge and proficiency in a number of areas related to healthcare reimbursement and Patient Assistance Programs
- Experience in patient focused programs within associated HIPAA regulations and other legal parameters and patient privacy policies
- General knowledge/understanding of the managed care industry environment and government payers
- Ability to work independently, facilitate appropriate judgment in decision making as well as function as a team player
- Creative problem solver, diplomatic, strong negotiator and influencer
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment, and have the ability to multi-task and self-prioritize workload
- Attention to detail and committed follow-through in communications to internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent written communication skills, presentation delivery as well as strong interpersonal skills
- Willingness to travel to various meetings or client sites, including overnight trips.
- Requires approximately 30% travel.