Takeda Oncology is searching for a highly motivated, insightful, and resourceful individual to join the Business Insights and Analytics function to lead and evolve the Commercial Data Operations and Decision Support team.
This role will be responsible for establishing the vision, building talent and leading a dynamic team that focuses on acquiring and generating high quality data, establishing a data strategy, governance and management processes, as well as designing and delivering effective capabilities and solutions to guide decision making and optimized promotional effectiveness.
This leader should establish a vision of improving decision intelligence across a variety of functional areas, and then develop an actionable plan to lead a team to ensure the appropriate, data, processes, technologies and skills are in place to deliver the required capabilities and solutions. Once the needs of today are met, this role will architect the longer-range plan to implement analytics techniques to meet the ambitious vision of the Business Insights team, including leading edge technologies to support predictive analytics.
This leader will also serve as the primary liaison to interface with IT function on all matters relating to US Oncology data and CRM, and collaborate with other leadership teams including Sales, Marketing, Medical Affairs, Patient Value and Access. The ideal candidate should have a clear vision for how to leverage data to drive insight generation and decision making, foresight of industry and competitive signals in the marketplace, deep experience in integrating Specialty Pharmacy, Syndicated Data and Patient level data sets, utilizing CRM and designing business intelligence platforms to support the shift from delivering on hindsight to offering foresight. This person should excel as the change agent responsible for transforming traditional ways of utilizing data to leading edge approaches.
- Centralize, rationalize and integrate all commercial data buys from external vendors and standardize purchasing process to achieve cost savings, efficiencies and increased data accuracy/completeness
- Establish and maintain the US Oncology Data strategy, establish Data Governance process and provide recommendations for the design of dashboard and reports
- Understand the brand strategies & key questions in the context of the US OBU vision/objectives, then develop hypothesis, design and execute various approaches to identify those that are appropriate to operationalize
- Coordinate with US OBU leadership teams to understand needs and prioritize CRM evolution, innovation in reporting and visualization projects, and to ensure that the appropriate resources are available to deliver the required solutions
- Work collaboratively alongside other Business Insights leaders in multiple functions to understand problems and plan strategy with execution roadmaps
- Incubate innovative use of data assets and decision sciences methods to assist other US OBU teams in answering challenging questions
- Operating in a future state to the elevate the game of the current state
- Explore future directions of the commercial data operations, advanced analytics and keep abreast of the latest developments; anticipate and critically evaluate scientific or technological advances or competitive threats and respond with appropriate new strategies
- Impart best practices, innovation, and operational excellence in project management, qualitative and quantitative techniques to meet business objectives
- Manage and supervise team members focused on Data Strategy & Management, CRM Operations and Reporting innovation, and indirectly supervises a multi-disciplinary team of CRM operations, visualization designer, and stewardship analysts
- Establish and manages annual Decision Intelligence & Innovation budget
- Establish and maintains departmental policies and procedures, oversees data gathering regulatory and compliance guidelines and develops/refines processes to achieve greater efficiencies
Required Education and Experience:
- BA or BS degree required. Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Sciences, Business, Statistics or related field preferred
- Minimum 10+ years related experience in commercial analytics decision support and business intelligence
- 5+ years experience in the bio/pharmaceutical or related field with direct responsibilities in CRM, visualization, or data strategy and governance
- Substantial experience with the design of data for reporting solutions
- Demonstrated ability to transform capabilities and mindsets of staff and business stakeholders
- Deep expertise in integrating commercial insights from large transactional data sets, including syndicated data and Specialty Pharmacy data at the provider, patient and payer level
- Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action; excellent analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks
- Experience working with all levels of management and consulting with key business stakeholders. An ability to influence for greater outcomes
- Experience leading teams; including ability to identify and develop talent
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of technologies and best practices of leveraging data to drive informative decisions
- Experience leveraging complex data to drive business decisions, working knowledge of advanced analytics methodogies (predicative analytics, machine learning, patient level data triggers)
- Advanced proficiency in analytics tools and programs such as Tableau, Informatica, Salesforce.com, (such as ServiceCloud, MarketingCloud, Wave Analytics, Einstein Analytics), VEEVA, R, SQL, Python, and others
- Demonstrated proficiency in leading and influencing cross-functional teams. Able to gain buy-in and promote shared ownership of projects
- Excellent communication ideas including written and in-person presentation skills in a persuasive and appropriate manner. Ability to frequently communicate changes and intentions with high level of transparency to all stakeholders
- Able to set priorities, develop and manage multiple projects and timelines simultaneously
- Ability to thrive under tight deadline and work confidently amidst ambiguity and uncertainty
- Demonstrated strong project planning and project management skills
- Ability to build strong positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Ability to manage vendor relationships and maintain an accurate budget
- Ability to manage internal and external resources (people, information, technologies, time, and capital); allocates resources appropriately, given organization, group and individual goals and objectives to align with business goals
- Proven track record of flexibility, thriving in a change environment and developing a learning culture
- Ability to work a computer for extended periods of time
- 20%, more as needed for specific business
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.