Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Senior Staff Engineer / Staff Engineer, Downstream Biologics Process Development in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Senior Staff Engineer / Staff Engineer working on the Downstream Biologics Process Development team, you will be empowered to develop and optimize purification processes and model process economics for use in manufacturing facilities, and a typical day will include:
The successful candidate will be part of the Purification Process Development Group within Biologics Process and Product Development and will support process development and optimization of purification processes for biopharmaceuticals through modeling approaches.
- Mechanistic modeling of purification chromatography processes and economics with simulation software applications to enhance model-based process development
- Modeling of process economics of new or improved biopharmaceutical manufacturing and bioconjugation platforms and fit into manufacturing facilities
- Perform multivariate process trending analysis in support of development and optimization of manufacturing processes for biopharmaceuticals and bioconjugates
- Model impact of innovative strategies on existing and new manufacturing processes
- Apply modeling approaches to process development
- Provide modeling support for biopharmaceutical process characterization activities in preparation for process validation
- Evaluation of process and cost modeling software applications for use in biopharmaceutical development
- Collaboration with internal and external groups
- Represent the Process Development Department on various project teams
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
To Be Considered at the Senior Staff Engineer Level:
- The preferred candidate holds a Ph.D. degree or a M.S. degree in biochemical engineering/biotechnology or closely related fields with 3+ years (PhD.) or 10+ years (M.S.) of experience in modeling and bioprocess development.
To Be Considered at the Staff Engineer Level:
- The preferred candidate holds a Ph.D. or a M.S. degree in biochemical engineering/biotechnology or closely related fields with 0+ years (Ph.D.) or 7+ years (M.S.) of experience in modeling and bioprocess development.
Requirements for Both Levels:
- The open position requires hands-on experience in process modeling applications (such as ChromX, ChromWorks, BioSolve, SIMCA, etc.).
- Additional hands-on and lab-based process and/or high-throughput development experience is preferred.
- The candidate should be familiar with cGMPs for biopharmaceuticals and regulatory submissions and show the ability to work well independently as well as a member of a team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- May require approximately 10-20% travel
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.