Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Chief of Staff and Head of CEI Project Management & Operations in our Cambridge office.
This position supports the Center for External Innovation (CEI) in establishing, maintaining and improving Takeda s external innovation business based on the strategic objectives. He/she will be responsible for a broad range of activities, including support of strategy development, helping to manage the global Sr. Leadership team, initiate and manage special projects and identify and facilitate relationships with other key divisions within Takeda. This position will use targeted analyses to support decision making and set objectives. This position will also solicit, coordinate, and manage external resources that are retained to support CEI s efforts. This position is responsible for leading the Project Management center of excellence for CEI projects, determining and coordinating external CEI communication strategy and tactics (with R&D Corp. Communications), and accountable for continual enhancement of operational excellence of all CEI activities (sourcing, evaluation, transactions, follow-through within R&D Bus. Dev., TVI, SAA, and TAKcelerator)
- In conjunction with Head of CEI and CEI team (including working directly with Head of R&D Business Development, TVI, and TAKcelerator), drive the development and implementation of CEI strategies and tactics for value creation, search, opportunity assessment, due diligence, negotiations, etc. to meet the evolving needs of the company, set project/deal priorities, and allocate resources accordingly
- At the direction of Head of CEI or in proactive anticipation of need, collaborate with CEI team and other key stakeholders as necessary to build consensus on important matters pertinent to CEI and make proposals to Head of CEI and/or CEI team meetings for deliberation or decision. Align CEI team on important matters in preparation for discussion, deliberation, or decision by other TPC governing body as defined by TMAP e.g. PRC, BRC, BOD, etc.
- Translates the function strategy and deal strategies into operational plans to achieve the goals and oversees the execution across all cross-divisional members.
- Builds CEI communication strategy and documents/deliverables required to communicate the strategy and output.
- Leads and manages Project Managers as part of the center of excellence inside the CEI group.
- Lead preparation, analysis, execution, and tracking of CEI MRP (including HC, direct and indirect costs, KPIs, etc.)
- Manage CEI budget/MRP to within tolerances set by Finance and Head of CEI
- May manage high-priority special projects on behalf of the Head, CEI. Serve as an advisor to the Head of CEI, on all dimensions of the business.
- Ensure that key initiatives in support of Takeda s CEI organization, including those that are linked to KPIs, are on track, intervening as appropriate when they are not on track. Monitor and report accomplishment of CEI goals/key initiatives and escalate issues to Head of CEI and CEI Team
- Managing critical issues that affect the functioning of CEI as they arise.
- Lead and manage the CEI senior leadership meetings in support of CEI needs globally and regionally.
- This position is a key stakeholder for the Sr. Leadership team and the Sr. Leadership team provides feedback on the Chief of Staff performance.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Strong background in strategy development, management and project management
- Graduate degree in a relevant field necessary, MBA desirable,
- At least 10 years of experience in Life Science preferably in research, development or commercial.
- 5-7 years of project management (global cross functional preferred)
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience or cross functional team leadership
- Strong communication, strategic, analytical problem-solving & interpersonal skills,
- Experience with working in complex global matrix organizations
- Demonstrated strategic problem-solving ability.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely communicate with and prepare presentations for Senior Management and Executives. Experience should include being primarily responsible for organizing and preparing focused messaging for presentations delivered to Executives, and being primarily responsible for ensuring Senior Management alignment in advance of Executive presentation.
- Willingness to travel to various meetings including international travel is required.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.