The Area Marketing Associate Director (AMAD), will be responsible for optimizing the commercial potential of the US Oncology portfolio through the development and implementation of area specific marketing tactics and programs consistent with core brand strategies. The AMA will provide commercial team real time feedback that informs national brand strategy and generates opportunities for organizational prioritization and investments. This individual will report to the Director of Area Marketing, US ONCOLOGY.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
- Facilitate targeted promotion of oncology portfolio to accelerate uptake and growth at an area level
- Extend the impact of Takeda Oncology through business opportunities with 3rd parties
- Ensure Takeda Oncology is a leader and trusted partner across the rapidly evolving oncology marketplace
- Lead Organized Customer Marketing that enables actionable insights for strategic support and/or customized tactical creation
- Ensure the pull through of national messaging & strategy at the account level to maximize field promotional efforts
- Identify and leverage innovative ways to access account and aligned HCPs
- Area Marketer s operate as external thought leader liaisons by aligning with select HCPs through innovative interactions & relationships
- Improve KOL engagement throughout organization to strengthen our insights back into the BU to better inform our business decisions
- Create or strengthen messaging through innovative multichannel initiatives that activate voice of HCPs in our approved resources
- Lead for GPOs to maximize network marketing that supports field sales initiatives and core brand strategies
- Accelerate demand, fulfilment and adherence through strategic network marketing campaigns
- Lead the investment and pull through in area oncology congresses where our HCPs, KOLs, key organizations and patient groups are represented to ensure we maximize brand strategy pull through
- Provide cross-departmental and cross-regional strategic input to ensure success of congress objectives
- Appropriately engage external stakeholders to optimize our opportunities
- Monthly functions will include, but not be limited to:
- Updates to quarterly business plans
- Review data analytics/reports from Takeda internal data, network data and other sources
- Marketing meetings and collaboration with brand team
- As needed, preparation and participation in NSM, Area and Region meetings
- Attendance at regional advisory boards as needed
- Budget management
Project Identification and Planning
- PMRT reviews, including full project control, from scoping and review through distribution and deployment
- Launch and follow up of key projects, including training, tracking and evaluation and analytics
- Field rides with sales force
- Customer meetings in target markets to manage Marketing objectives and project logistics as needed
- Agency and other vendor meetings
- Bachelor s degree required (scientific discipline preferred); MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- Experience working in Oncology therapeutic area preferred
- Prior experience managing marketing/advertising/promotion budgets preferred
- Active Hematology / Oncology KOL relationships in applicable geography a plus
- Successful track record in pharmaceutical marketing or equivalent.
- Candidates must possess the ability to proactively analyze business problems, identify key issues, develop solutions, implement tactical programs, and design metrics to measure business impact.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to visualize, develop and implement effective marketing tactics.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, influence, and lead with both internal and external customers.
- Proven track record of collaboration working with cross-functional groups made up of one or more of the following: Marketing, Marketing Effectiveness, Reimbursement, Sales, Global Medical Affairs, Market Research or Finance.
- Dynamic, self-starter with ability to effectively work remotely
- Ability to travel at least 50% of the time which may include weekends (varies dependent on geographic area). Expectation of at least 3-4 days per month will be spent in Cambridge office.
- The position will be field based with preferred residency in the applicable geography and/or near major airport that allows efficient travel within territory
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.