Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Manager, Supply Strategy in our Boston, MA office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As Manager, Supply Strategy working on the Global Oncology and Biologics Supply Chain team, you will be empowered and a typical day will include:
- Responsible for the development and execution of strategic, tactical and operational tasks related to the Global Oncology and Biologic Network Strategy and associated supply chain design management (including but not limited to support of the strategic segmentation of the O&B internal/external supplier network, key supplier business oversight/relationship management including steering committee representation and management of supply chain product applications in support of the Swiss Principle model).
- Provides strategic business oversight with respect to identification, due diligence, selection and ongoing maintenance (including performance, business/financial and operations management) of global suppliers critical to the Global Oncology and Biologics supply chain network.
- Responsible for gaining and maintaining alignment across internal and external stakeholders in the development and implementation of effective business processes/strategy for ensuring the timely preparation, negotiation, execution and tracking of various commercial supply contracts critical to the Global Oncology and Biologics supply chain network.
- Leadership for global supply chain service Level Agreement (SLA) redesign and managing the development, implementation and ongoing monitoring of SLAs related to Oncology & Biologics products.
- Responsible for identifying and proposing solutions to issues related to SLAs and escalating as appropriate.
- Leads relevant global O&B strategic projects including but not limited to representing Supply Operations in the Product Management/Global Supply Chain Management (GCSM) leadership of Oncology & Biologics portfolio program(s).
- Contributes/leads decision-making for network strategy and associated supply chain design management and advises/manages the implementation of approved TPIZ global supply chain set-ups in support of the Swiss Principle model.
- Responsible for supply chain network issue/risk identification and resolution with relevant internal/external stakeholders and CMOs across global network; Escalates business-critical issues effecting operations and management to O&B senior management as necessary
- Lead/Drive the timely preparation, negotiation and executions of commercial supply contracts critical to the Global Oncology and Biologics supply chain network through collaboration with Takeda s legal and procurement departments.
- Designs and implements effective business processes to support and provide visibility to the above.
- Represents O&B Supply Operations on global and local cross-divisional governance teams as well as external supplier governance teams while providing strategy and accountability for global O&B supply operations deliverables.
- Contributes in the development and alignment of global processes in collaboration with O&B Supply Operations Management, Global Manufacturing & Supply, Global Supply Chain and other core functions (including Pharmaceutical Sciences Strategy and Operations).
- Responsible for relationship management between O&B Supply Operations and Pharmaceutical Sciences Strategy & Operations.
- Partners with appropriate global CMC team members to manage supply compliance.
- Provides direct material SAP transactional support for global O&B products as needed.
- Product Management of an O&B portfolio program(s) where accountable for a given product s mid- to long-term global commercial supply chain strategy development, lead and facilitate cross-functional decision-making team GSCM, represent GSCM in global teams GPT/GCT/GCBT and ensure stable E2E supply, achieving required CSL and fulfilling patient needs.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Master in Business Administration preferable; minimum Bachelor degree in Business, Economics, Supply Chain, Mathematics/Statistics or Natural Science with a strong understanding of Economics.
- Strong pharmaceutical business knowledge with a minimum 5 years experience working in operations, supply chain, or other commercial pharmaceutical relevant disciplines.
- Proven leadership with direct and indirect people/team management experience.
- Strong knowledge of supply chain principles and strategies with focus on operations.
- Advanced knowledge on cross-functional processes (quality, CMC, )
- Advanced knowledge of contract, finance and planning activities tools (ARIBA, SAP/APO, etc.)
- Understanding of the principles of Lean and Six Sigma applied to Supply Chain
- Advanced presentation and communication skills; Intermediate knowledge with Excel and PowerPoint
- Team player with strong cultural understanding; Proactive and able to handle complexity; Analytical mind-set; Solution oriented and high energy level; Persuades and influences; and, Strong passion to drive operational excellence
- Willingness to travel to various meetings or client sites, including overnight trips. International travel will be required.
- Position requires up to 10-15% domestic and international travel.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.