Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Manager, Finance Operations in our Deerfield, IL office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As Manager, Finance Operations working on the Accounting and Finance Operations Shared Services team, you will be empowered and a typical day will include:
This position is responsible for leading the proper accounting and month end close activities for multiple Takeda entities operating on the US Shared Service Accounting Model. Responsibilities include managing the monthly general ledger close, cash application and bank reconciliations, capital assets, employee fringe benefit expenses, royalties and other routine accounting transactions. In addition, supports the TPUSA Mgmt P&L and Corporate General Functional budget.
Individual will be required to to provide capital and employee fringe benefit plan and actual expense information on a scheduled or as needed basis to locally based Takeda Affiliate Finance management, the parent company and other business partners.
The Accounting Operations Manager will provide leadership to a diverse team of three employees by providing positive team dynamics and continued capability development. Individual will also serve as the operational liason to the Finance Operations group.
- For mulitples legal entities operating on the US Shared Service Accounting model, manages month end close processes; accruals, balance sheet reconciliations, multiple entity consolidation and trial balance review
- Ensures that monthly managerial and statutory financial data (IFRS) provided to TPC and local Affiliate Mgmt is on time and of the highest quality for entities participating on the Shared Service model
- Prepares monthly TPUSA reporting package for TPUSA executive team, with comparison to budget
- Coordinates with IT, Corporate Services, Operations, Marketing and applicable Takeda Affiliate Finance Planning contact to develop annual and LBE Capital budgets. Oversees the capitalization and depreciation of fixed assets and the timely and accurate reporting of fixed assets to internal and external users of the information.
- Leads the annual employee benefit expense budgeting process. Coordinates with HR and Takeda Affiliate Planning contact to develop key expense assumptions. Responsible for overseeing the charge out of actual employee benefit expenses to multiple legal entities and preparing budget vs. actual analysis.
- Works in coordination with Finance Operations Manager to ensure payroll, expense reporting, accounts receivables and payables are aligned with Financial reporting and close processes
- Responsible for overseeing the calculation and payment of royalties on US product sales.
- Partners with Legal and Alliance Management in interpreting new royalty agreements and developes monthly close process to be aligned with contract provisions.
- Supervises the preparation of appropriate royalty reporting (internal and external) and supports third party royalty audits.
- Oversees the collection of royalty income owed.
- Manages components of the TPC Corporate financial audit through direct interaction with external audit partner, manager and engagement team.
- International communication - Responsible for communicating, analyzing, and researching all financial issues relating to the entity and reporting on a monthly basis to results to appropriate local Affiliate Finance Mgmt, Director of Accounting and TPC.
- Is responsible for overseeing three Financial Accounting Analysts. Analyst responsibilities may include, but are not limited to: Cash, Accounts Receivable, Capital, Fringe Planning and Actuals, Royalties, Intercompany transactions/Dividend Payments, etc.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
Education & Experience, required:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Minimum 6 year of work in accounting/financial reporting
- CPA preferred
- Public accounting experience preferred
- Previous management experience preferred
- Accounting understanding of accounting concepts for both US Gennerally Accepted Accounting Principals (GAAP) as well as International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS). Familiarity with the differences between US GAAP and IFRS.
Knowledge and Skills, required:
- Problem Solving ability to identify problems associated with and application and provide specific solutions that resolve the problem
- Organization ability to maintain accurate and detailed records, files, etc.
- Attention to Detail ability to thoroughly analyze and identify key data points which impact the establishment and maintenance of new and existing accounts
- Business Leadership confidence, decisiveness and a willingness to listen to influence as well as engage other sin the accomplishment of functional goals
- Communication - ability to communicate ideas and data both verbally and written, in a persuasive, organized and appropriate manner, including running meetings and preparing presentations for executive audiences
- Management ability to set priorities for a team and meet specific deadlines in a changing environment. Ability to be flexible, accommodating, and to deal with change effectively.
- Customer Service Orientation ability to gain trust of executives and contribute to their success from information gained through networking and an understanding of business.
- Analytical Skills ability to determine methods and types of analyses to be performed to address a business question
- Teamwork ability to foster good working relationships among team members, and work effectively in and contribute to a team environment
- Entrepreneurial ability to take ownership of a team s activities and projects, and consistently display out of the box thinking.
Knowledge and Skills, preferred:
- Previous experience in a financial accounting or audit function preferably for a company with a foreign parent company
- Knowledge of SAP, Hyperian Financial Management and Financial Accounting Research software
- Pharmaceutical Industry knowledge
Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings/clients sites limited overnight. Some international travel may be required
Responsibilities will likely require telepresence as well as phone calls with global affiliates outside of standard working hours.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.