Forecast role is the functional lead for inline US Oncology products (VELCADE,NINLARO, ICLUSIG and ALUNBRIG) as well as the Long-Range Forecast (LRF) exercise in Oncology therapeutic area (TA).
This position will be responsible to design, execute and deliver forecast that would drive brand value and competitiveness in the markets. Forecast insights will also drive commercial strategy and appropriate portfolio investment decisions. This position will require significant expertise in analytics, Forecasting, modeling and a solid understanding of CI and Market research. The position will collaborate/partner with Market Research and CI to ensure thorough triangulation of customer & market insights into Forecasting process and modeling.
- Collaborating with U.S. Commercial Brand Team in Oncology TA to understand insights requirement as well as to design and develop a global forecasting platform
- Developing and maintaining LRF exercise process for U.S. Oncology inline products to support corporate strategy formulation for senior management decision making process on sales forecasts developed by each BU/TA. commercial, financial and manufacturing plans
- Managing relationships with OBU TA team, Corporate (strategy, finance), CMSO (Chief Medical Scientific Office), GMS (Global Manufacturing and Supply) and other relevant stakeholders to ensure on-time delivery, accuracy of relevant information and establish consistent forecast frameworks/benchmarks
- Proactively monitoring all relevant aspects of market trends/current and potential competitors of Takeda s U.S. Oncology products in collaboration with CI lead
- Proactively collaborating with brand MR lead to understand the annual demand quant MR study; to ensure relevant MR input/insights is effectively incorporated into the forecast model and a well defined process/methodology is utilized for calibration of MR input into market share
- Presenting findings and making recommendations to management, including commercial and development teams, regarding: brand, market growth, inventory dynamics, patient incidence, prevalence, diagnosis, treatment trends, competition and payer environment
- Anticipating challenges and defending positions with factual information and sound rationale
- Syndicating work across multiple functions including sales, marketing, Corporate (strategy, finance, corporate communication and public affairs), Chief Medical Scientific Office (CMSO), Global Manufacturing and Supply (GMS), and Global Licensing and Business Development (GLBD)
- Serve as the primary forecast expert within the Insights group
- Lead the development of evidence-based forecast scenarios in driving strategic decisions
- Collaborate closely with brand leads to align on forecast assumptions and rationale behind any differences
- Staying abreast of novel forecasting methodologies and processes
- Establish expertise within assigned TA
- Establishing an excellence and best practice in forecasting
- Collaborate with other members in U.S. OBU to deliver on the overall Commercial/OBU Global Insight mission
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience, with at least 4+ years in Customer Insights/Business intelligence/commercial forecasting with a leading international/multicultural pharma company and/or research/consulting firm
- Extensive experience in managing inline and pipeline forecast (top-line, bottom-line) for global brands/compounds cross-divisionally
- Experience with forecast database development
- Familiarity with new forecasting methodologies/technologies
- Scientific or commercial education
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Experience with decision science market techniques such as conjoint a plus
- Experience in Oncology therapeutic area a plus
- Experience in CI is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to influence multi-functional teams in decision making
- Strong understanding of pharmaceutical global commercial and insights functions
Knowledge and Skills:
- Deep understanding of product forecasting, competitive assessments, data management, business strategy and solutions
- Ability to extract, analyze, treat, and consolidate data from different sources in clear and concise formats with rigor and high level of accuracy
- Advanced user of Windows applications, modelling techniques, analytical tools and applications
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude.
- Willingness to travel to various meetings and conferences, including overnight trips. Some international travel may be required.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.