Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Research Associate in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a member of analytical development team, you will have the opportunity to contribute in multiple development programs.
As a Research Associate working on the Analytical Development team, you will be empowered to develop, validate and transfer analytical methods to rapidly advance Takeda s portfolio, a typical day will include:
Responsible for executing basic/routine experiments under supervision. This position also assists in the planning of basic experiments and experiments and performs specialized/complex experiments with assistance from supervisor as appropriate
- Perform testing of samples as per established test method as part of method validation/transfer
- Contributes to technical documents such as test methods, reports, protocols, and internal presentations
- Contributes as part of a small team of scientists towards the optimization, qualification and technical transfer of analytical methods in a compliance-based environment in a timely manner to meet program timelines
- Identifies and communicates routine technical problems within scope of responsibility
- Supports project team and local initiatives as appropriate
- Makes and understands basic experimental decisions within scope of responsibility.
- Assists with technical transfer of experimental data/procedures to vendors as appropriate
- Documents personal experimental results accurately and completely in laboratory notebook.
- Coordinates with departmental peers on project work as appropriate.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science and 2+ years relevant industry experience
- Bachelors degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science; some relevant industry experience preferred
- Appropriate laboratory training
- Practical experience with typical analytical techniques (e.g HPLC, GC etc.)
Knowledge and Skills:
- General familiarity with analytical theory and techniques. Able to work in a lab setting.
- Analytical and Problem Solving Skills -Able to troubleshoot routine issues or problems using appropriate information
- Teamwork - Ability to work well within small group functional teams.
- Communication Skills -Ability to expresses one s self clearly and concisely within function; documents issues and/or concerns concisely; timely and effectively communicates issues to supervisor
- Organization Exercises good time management skills
- May require approximately 5% travel.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.