Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as Lead, Healthcare Insights & Solutions in our Deerfield, IL office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Lead, Healthcare Insights & Solutions working on the Medical Affairs team, you will be empowered and a typical day will include:
The position is responsible for leading the collection and synthesis of complex data and insights about the evolving payer and U.S. healthcare system that are critical to establishing and maintaining access to Takeda medicines and medical solutions for patients who need them.
The position leads the creation of strategic engagement and communication plans and oversees the development of customized resources, tools and innovations utilized by field medical teams and U.S. Medical Office senior leadership when interacting with payers, health systems and other population based decision makers (i.e., provider organizations, policy makers, patient organizations).
The position is an integral member of the U.S. Outcomes Research & Patient Access group, supports multiple therapeutic areas, and is a strategic partner to Product Medical Units, Government & External Affairs, Managed Markets and other internal stakeholders. Their expertise of the healthcare landscape and ability to articulate actionable insights for Takeda influences evidence generation, policy and communication imperatives.
Engages with prioritized external organizations representing payers, health systems, patients, policy makers or other key stakeholders to anticipate evolving needs and offer solutions aligned to customer needs, Takeda strategic imperatives and compliance requirements.
Leads the development, alignment, prioritization and communication of strategic engagement plans, tools and innovations for the field medical teams (AML's, MSL's, FME's) and other Medical Office leaders directed to:
(i) payers and integrated health systems (IDN) to support decisions and value based care for populations served;
(ii) patients and organizations who serve them (i.e., IDN's, Payer, Provider, Employer, Government, Advocacy).
Medical Value Proposition communications that fit to strategy, align and are customizable with customer needs
Medical Access tools (Business Impact Models, etc.)
Materials to support partnership opportunities (Value Based Contracting, Real World Evidence Generation, Clinical Integration and Patient Engagement)
Internal repository of external facing resources and guides for how best to leverage them
Collects, synthesizes and collates complex data from internal and external sources (customers, outcomes research, benchmarking, survey, clinical, economic, behavioral, market access reports, competitive intelligences, etc.) to generate medical communication resources, tools and innovations aligned with customer needs (patients, payers, health systems, policy makers) and Takeda's strategic imperatives.
Identifies and oversees vendors as appropriate including providing strategic direction, ensuring key timelines and deliverables are met, negotiating and managing budgets, and solving problems as issues arise.
- Continuously evaluates medical value communication resources utilized by field medical teams (AML s, MSL s, FME s) and medical office senior leadership during external scientific and health economic exchange. Improves strategies and resources based on gap analysis, feedback and ongoing internal and customer assessments and benchmarking. Drives continuous quality improvement and partners cross functionally to communicate impact and prioritize improvements.
- Recommends and supports prioritization of external population focused organizations to engage with including corporate memberships, other sponsorships and meetings attended by USMO. Engages externally with such organizations, identifying partnership opportunities and influencing key internal stakeholders as needed. Collaborates with managed markets, government affairs and other internal stakeholders to create strategic external connections. Identifies opportunities for and leads goal setting/agenda development for medical executive level exchange with key partners. Supports executives and plays key role during and following such meetings.
- Leads planning for insight gathering between field medical teams, medical office product units and facilitates communication of relevant, actionable information and recommendations back to internal stakeholders, including executive teams.
- Collaborates with Product Medical Unit and Outcomes Research & Patient Access internal training leads to design and execute Takeda medical office training focused on the evolving healthcare environment, its impact to value and population based stakeholders and relevance to the biopharmaceutical industry/Takeda. Partners with GEA, learning and development teams and other internal stakeholders to initiate training across Takeda U.S. when appropriate.
- Develops and maintains a broad network of mutually supportive relationships with internal Takeda colleagues (Medical Product Teams, Outcomes Research & Patient Access, Marketing, Managed Markets and Reimbursement, Government External Affairs, Account Management and other affiliates) to ensure Medical Office scientific and outcomes research and external affairs strategies are integrated across groups.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Masters or doctorate degree (PhD, PharmD, MPH, MHS, PsyD) in healthcare, behavioral economics, education, communication or science related field.
At least 7 years of healthcare or related experience (outcomes research, data analytics, quality improvement, managed care, clinical practice), including 5 years of pharmaceutical industry experience (R&D, Medical Affairs, Advocacy, Policy or Commercial functions) or equivalent (consulting, agency).
Understanding of observational research methodologies and a demonstrated ability to articulate real world evidence, comparative effectiveness research and other population based research in an effective and credible manner.
Strong knowledge of how population based decision makers are using evidence to inform decisions, how the define value of new interventions and how they manager utilization within their populations.
Proven ability to articulate, visualize, conceptualize of solve complex problems by making decisions given available information.
Possesses superior communication skills, both oral and written, and able to engender trust and respect of colleagues across levels.
Demonstrated ability to articulate and negotiate projects and priorities across functions and with senior level leaders and executives.
Firm understanding of the key phases, processes and compliance factors and techniques that are involved in pharmaceutical managed care environment.
Demonstrated understanding of relevant connections and integration points between Medical Affairs and stakeholders across the Development and Commercial functions.
Proven track record of matrix, teamwork, leading cross functional teams, timely decision making and results orientation in meeting objectives.
Demonstrated understanding of legal and regulatory environment of biopharmaceutical industry.
Visible leadership, personal management, and ability to be agile and collaborative.
Behavioral and social science, design thinking, ethnography, quality improvement, survey research, outcomes research, data analytics, biostatistics or related experience.
Healthcare technology experience.
MBA or relevant business degree; project management .
Overnight travel may be required (15-25%), including some weekend commitments.
Limited international travel may be required.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
Company match of charitable contributions
Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please. *LI-JB1