Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Sr Manager, Publications in our Deerfield office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Sr Manager, Publications working on the Medical Communications team, you will be empowered and a typical day will include:
The Senior Manager, Publications will work with the Director, Publications and other members of USMO Publications in support of an integrated strategic and tactical publication plan(s) for assigned compound(s). Publication activities include managing scientific data disclosures of assigned compound(s) for external audiences, supporting the Director, USMO Publications, and others in executing on publication strategies and plans, managing and directing external partners/vendors, and working collaboratively with the Director, Publications, USMO Publications, and Program Management Office to ensure successful publication plan operations and budgeting. At times, the Senior Manager may be asked to provide support for other USMO publication activities, including training, coaching, and mentoring others within the USMO Publication Team.
This role will interact with key internal stakeholders, which may include members of the assigned USMO Product Medical Unit(s) including Medical/Scientific/Clinical Directors, and other functional medical partners such as Outcomes Research, Field Medical, Medical Communications, Program Management; other USBU Stakeholders; and Global functional groups such as Medical, Publications, Regulatory, Statistics, and Legal. This role will provide support to the Director, Publications and others in liaising with internal and external key external stakeholders such as opinion leaders, investigators, authors, partners, and affiliates on publication activities related to assigned compound(s) The Senior Manager will be responsible for maintaining appropriate documentation and/or business systems utilized for assigned scientific publications.
- Supports, manages, and implements the delivery of assigned USMO publication strategy(s) and tactical plan(s) to support overall shared medical and business objectives and contributes to the overall product medical communication plan
- Work with cross-functional, multidisciplinary teams to manage the development and execution of assigned strategic publication plan(s) and manage cross-functional teams and external partners on specific publication planning efforts.
- Manages and tracks execution of assigned plan(s) and manages associated publication plan budget(s) informing Director, Publications and key stakeholders of issues or deviations. Works collaboratively and responsibly in regards to budget management and reports issues and opportunities in a timely fashion to stakeholders (USMO Product Unit Medical Team, PMO, etc.) and management.
- As identified provides support to the Director, Publications in training, coaching, and mentoring members of USMO Publications
- Manages assigned vendor(s) and ensures good publication practices are followed and implemented consistent with agreed upon project expectations and timelines. Monitors the current resource level for assigned publication tactic(s) or program(s) with the external vendor model; assesses performance against current USMO Publication strategy and plan(s), and addresses identified issues in a timely fashion with management.
- Follows approved processes for development of Takeda-sponsored publications that ensure compliance, good publication practices, enhance functional productivity and establish business relationships to increase the value of the USMO work product while keeping key stakeholders and management informed about the business.
- Actively participates in assigned Publication Team meetings, attends Product Medical Unit Team Meetings as identified, Medical Communication Team Meetings, and other related meetings (i.e., USMO related; USBU related) as identified;
- Maintains a solid understanding and up to date knowledge of the assigned therapeutic area(s) and compound(s) under his/her responsibility.
- Reviews manuscripts, abstracts, and poster/slide content for accuracy and scientific rigor as requested; and provides oversight/management for writing projects ensuring adherence to timelines
- Attends conferences, symposia or other meetings as necessary or as assigned and act as liaison between USMO Medical Communications, USMO and Global Medical Affairs, Global Publications, and external content contributors
- Ensures publication planning/workflow tools and systems are maintained, accurate, and adherent to relevant Takeda policies, SOPs, and compliance guidelines. Stay up to date and knowledgeable of publication best practices, ethical considerations, and industry guidelines.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor s degree, preferably in a scientific discipline
- At least 4 years of experience post-graduation/training
- At least 3 years of publication planning experience within the pharmaceutical industry including submission processes for publications, or directly transferable skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of pertinent external guidelines related to industry publications, and current standards of good publication practice
- Ability to work across diverse therapeutic areas
- Effectively work with and lead cross-functional teams
- Experience with resource allocation and vendor management
- Strong project management skills
- Experience with managing budgets
- Demonstrated expertise with peer-reviewed scientific publications and good publication practices
- Pharmaceutical, biomedical, or scientific writing experience
- Advanced degree, preferably in a scientific discipline, or sufficient applicable experience
- Therapeutic experience within GI and/or Neuroscience
- Experience and efficiency with publication planning/workflow tools
- Demonstrated results in medical communications functions (within pharmaceutical, biotech or agency), which may include publications, medical information and other functional areas within Medical Affairs
- Understating of pharmaceutical clinical development and product life-cycle management
- Working experience in cross-functional teams within the pharmaceutical or related industry
- Ability to understand and interpret medical/scientific data and develop strategic messaging
- Experience and knowledge of clinical trial reports, data presentation, and interpretation
- Experience in Medical Affairs/R&D functions, including Medical Communications
- Ability to travel to various professional meetings, conferences and client sites limited overnight. Some international travel may be required.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.