Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Research Investigator / Senior Research Associate, Cell Line Development in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Research Investigator / Senior Research Associate working on the Upstream Process Development team, you will be empowered to collaborate on exciting new innovations in the field and work with a variety of teams, and a typical day will include:
Responsible for supporting the cell line development (CLD) team through participation in transfection, stable selection, cloning, and characterization of CHO cell lines for clinical and commercial production. This position will perform laboratory experiments using a variety of CLD and cell culture technologies including cell sorting/clone picking, cell imaging, liquid handling automation and small scale bioreactors. The candidate will need strong organizational skills and experience with MS Excel to review and interpret large amounts of data. This position will be expected to conduct experiments with limited supervision, documenting experimental steps in an electronic laboratory notebook, and drafting support documentation.
- Works with departmental and/or cross functional peers to execute on assignments, under limited supervision.
- Prepares experimental protocols.
- Contributes significantly to project work which may include multiple projects within functional area.
- Interprets data independently, and contributes to technical reports
- Identifies complex technical issues, and implements solutions under supervision
- Contributes to the design of new applications/experiments/unit operations in consultation with supervisor.
- Supports technology transfer through writing and consolidating technical documents.
- Coordinates within department as well as cross functionally with peers on projects
LINE FUNCTION SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS:
- Sound knowledge of cell culture principles, experience in aseptic techniques required
- Experience in CLD technologies including suspension culture of CHO cells, single-cell cloning (sorting/clone picking), clonality assessment, and clone characterization highly desirable
- Experience in molecular biology methods including subcloning, expression vector modifications, and rtqPCR desirable
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in biochemistry, biology, biotechnology, or related pharmaceutical science; 3+ years of biotechnology/biopharmaceutical industry experience in CHO cell line development
- Masters degree in biochemistry, biology, biotechnology, or related pharmaceutical science; 2+ year of biotechnology/biopharmaceutical industry experience in CHO cell line development
Knowledge and Skills:
- Analytical and Problem Solving Skills -Able to troubleshoot critical issues or problems and resolve routine issues using appropriate information.
- Teamwork -- Ability to work within department groups/team.
- Communication Skills - Expresses one s self clearly and concisely within function; documents issues and/or concerns concisely with colleagues; timely and effectively communicates issues to supervisor
- Organization Exercises good time management skills
- Technical - Proficient in use of applicable lab equipment and operations
- Some laboratory activities require repetitive motion
- Some laboratory activities require standing for long periods of time
- May require approximately 5% travel
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.