Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda.Join us as a Director of Early Discover Projects in our San Diego office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Director of Early Discover Projects working on the Immunology team, you will be empowered to lead early discovery teams and manage cross-functional project teams.
- Lead the Immunology early discovery team in addition to managing cross-functional project teams.
- Responsible for setting strategies, priorities and managing activities to deliver on objectives and milestones.
- Collaborates with cross-functional partners to define and implement strategies for drug discovery programs from target validation to POM.
- Broad responsibility for ensuring scientific excellence and rigor and appropriate resource allocations to early programs by implementing and managing processes to help Project Team Leaders (PTLs) and project teams.
- Directs, manages and mentors the Immunology Early Target Discovery Team that is comprised of a group with great scientific breadth and depth of knowledge.
- Effectively prioritizes and aligns efforts of the group with Immunology Unit and GI Drug Discovery Unit (DDU) efforts to maximize impact and timelines.
- Builds and develops strong teams, guides matrix-based leadership of multiple cross-functional global project teams.
- Leads early portfolio governance of GI Immunology (GI-Immuno) projects via coordination of internal and external stakeholders.
- Provides process for project prioritization within GI-Immuno and monthly review of portfolio status, including external collaborations / partnerships.
- Leads, organizes and documents effective and efficient project team meetings by instilling critical problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Provides project teams with support for developing rigorous scientific blueprints.
- Accountable for project presentations at governance meetings.
- Partners with other GI-Immuno leaders to organize Scientific Advisory Boards.
- Partners with other GI-Immuno leaders to ensure that the tools and infrastructure are in place to facilitate the goal of operational efficiency for project teams, and to deliver clear project planning, effective project management, and resource tracking.
- Critically evaluates project data while rigorously driving data-driven Go/No-go decisions, including the identification of resource constraints and bottlenecks.
- Effectively partners with Takeda cross-functional groups, external partners and other key stakeholders.
- Highly competent Immunology Unit representative that engages external parties, including diligences, collaborations and consultancies.
- Actively and regularly maintains alignment of Research projects within the greater Takeda drug development organization via effective presentation of scientific and business cases to key decision-makers.
- Establishes and maintains strong and effective relationships with various functions throughout the organization.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Ph.D. in Biology or Chemistry with thesis, publications, postdoctoral experience and minimum 10 years of industry experience and 5+ years of supervisory experience, OR
- M.S. in Biochemistry or Biology and minimum 12 years of industry experience and 7+ years of supervisory experience.
- Immunology experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in leading Research projects from early research through to nomination of clinical candidate.
- Proven team leadership skills paired with strong project management knowledge and excellent scientific experience.
- Extensive knowledge of the drug discovery process with good understanding of downstream manufacturing and development activities and requirements.
- Ongoing interests in the understanding of key commercial, clinical, regulatory and legal factors which impact development of new drugs.
- Adept at influencing and leading a multidisciplinary matrix organization to achieve goals.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written.
- Ability to be part of a vibrant and driven team and to adhere to the highest standards in the pursuit of making medicines which meaningfully impact patients with inflammatory disease.
Requires approximately 20% or more travel, potentially internationally
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
San Diego, CA