Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Head of Relationship Management Center of Excellence, R&D Partnership Office in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. With 50% of the R&D pipeline partnered and over 180 active collaborations across R&D, the Head of Relationship Management Center of Excellence, will drive, establish, and shape how the relationships are managed for all of our strategic partnerships globally in Takeda and a typical day will include:
- Play a leadership role in driving, establishing, and implementing R&D relationship management center of excellence for the over 180 active R&D partnerships globally in Takeda
- Lead the maximization of value for Takeda in collaborations across Integrated Drug Discovery Unit, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Research and Development functions to advance the pipeline which is ~50% partnered
- Coach and mentor R&D executives and business partners involved in partnerships to help embed partnering best practices across the company.
- Identify, assess and implement opportunities to continuously improve Takeda s ability to effectively work externally and be a partner of Choice
- In collaboration with Global Program Leads, Research Leads, and Alliance Managers, facilitate escalated issues to timely and effective resolution
- Establish and lead the strategy development and implementation of R&D global relationship management center of excellence for R&D partnerships; develop the playbook for partnership management for all the partnership types which include assets, research, strategic academic alliances, and technology.
- Play a leadership role in the maximization of value for Takeda and their partner in collaborations across Integrated Drug Discovery Unit, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Research and Development functions.
- Design and chair the community of partnership forum with global alliance managers as active participants. Lead the review of case studies and lessons learnt and share of best practices.
- Develop tools and processes for partnership management that encompasses all phases: negotiation, launch, maintenance, and close of partnerships. This includes managing the strategic intent of partnerships, common understanding of deliverables, go/no go criteria, fit for purpose governance, performance metrics, risk/mitigation plans, and communication strategy.
- Responsible for administering partnership Health diagnostics. Identify, assess, and implement opportunities to continuously improve Takeda s ability to effectively work externally and be a Partner of Choice . Define and build metrics to assess this.
- Liaise with Legal, Finance, Procurement, Communication to ensure partnering processes are aligned with Takeda s R&D objectives.
- Drive change management processes within Takeda related to strategic partnership management.
- Coach and mentor R&D executives and business partners involved in partnerships to help imbed partnering best practices across the company.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- BS/BA required; advanced degree (MBA, PharmD, PhD) preferred
- Minimum 12 years of applicable drug development experience, global experience preferred
- Minimum 8 years of line management or cross-functional leadership experience
- Direct alliance management experience within the pharmaceutical or biotech industry
- Strong knowledge of drug development process
- Relevant knowledge and experience in R&D to enable meaningful dialogue within Takeda and with partners
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple high priority projects with good attention to detail
- Proven experience in Alliance/Partnership excellence: experience of building, maintaining, and closing partnerships including tools/methods preferred
- Leadership: Experience in leading matrix organizations with solid successful experience in influencing across organizations including change management experience
- Critical strategic thinker and highly analytical
- Ability to initiate, develop, and implement new strategies and processes
- Ability to assess issues/risks and effectively implement remediation measures
- Experience working in a complex organization and demonstrated ability to influence, and work across functions and regions, at all levels without direct authority
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Excellent communicator with strong written and verbal presentations skills
Routine demands of an office based environment.
Some travel to global Takeda sites may be required
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.