Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Scientist, Analytical Development - Biologics in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Scientist working on the Analytical Development - Biologics team, you will be empowered to perform assay development and characterization activities and work on cross-functional teams, and a typical day will include:
POSITION OBJECTIVES:The Analytical Development Biologics group is looking for a motivated scientist to contribute to the biologics pipeline. Candidate will perform assay development, method validation and transfer, and characterization activities for antibodies, ADCs, and other therapeutic proteins. May lead cross-program development activities for analytical methods and/or lead project activities within AD-Bio as functional rep on project teams. Expected to conduct troubleshooting for complex technical issues and to lead characterization studies and technology evaluation. Significant experience with a broad variety of biochemical analytical techniques, including but not necessarily limited to liquid chromatography, gel or capillary electrophoresis, and/or spectroscopic-based methods is expected, along with a strong understanding of protein structure/function.
- Contributes significantly and independently to multiple projects within functional area.
- Reviews, interprets and communicates data cross-functionally within CMC and project teams.
- Plans and implements resolutions to technical problems/issues
- Represents functional area on project teams by communicating activities from designated functional area to project team.
- Responsible for integrating scientific/technical efforts around cross-functional issues.
- Serves as a technical resource for junior staff and leverages expertise in laboratory technology as a functional resource/trainer.
- Independently designs and executes experiments, and reports results.
- Assists with development of project strategy and communicates complex data/decisions within department and cross functionally as necessary.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelors degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science and 8+ years relevant industry experience
- Masters degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science; 6+ years relevant industry experience
- PhD in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science; 0+ years relevant industry experience
- Experience in working in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Use hands on a regular basis to perform experiments and handle small laboratory equipment.
- Able to lift or move up to 40 pounds in the course of daily work.
- Exposure to hazardous/toxic chemicals and reagents.
- May require approximately 5-10% travel.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.