Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Operational Excellence Manager in our Cambridge, MA office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Operational Excellence Manager working on the Global Operation Excellence Program team, you will be empowered to work collaboratively with various key business leaders and implement a continuous improvement culture and process, and a typical day will include:
- Identify inefficient business processes relating to the management of supply and testing from contract manufacturers and laboratories
- Plan, organize, facilitate, and motivate AGILE project teams to achieve an optimal level of performance and quality, improving value of business functions, reduce complexity and compliance risk.
- Manage several concurrent high visibility projects using Operational Excellence Tools and methods, implementing Lean Six Sigma processes that cross multiple business and operational areas.
- Act in a supporting role to the AGILE Change Leader.
- Strategic Planning Supports business leaders in establishing and aligning Lean/Six Sigma improvement and execution/monitoring methodologies to business strategic plans for the facility, including growth, quality, cost out and cultural change plans. Performs detailed stakeholder analysis, build justification, and develop change management models that maximize outcomes, executing improvement workshops in a manner that promotes operational excellence and drives for optimum solutions.
- Problem Solving, Project Planning and Management Assist AGILE Change Leader in defining project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value by: organizing and supporting project status and working meetings; preparing and distributing progress reports; managing risks and issues; correcting deviations from plans; and performing delivery planning for assigned projects. Helps to design the future state as it relates to shortened value streams, manufacturing strategies, cross-functional processes, and the establishment of uniform policies and procedures.
- Process Management and Improvement Proactively drives the AGILE Program at the facility. Develops and implements Continuous Improvement in alignment with the Global AGILE Team, leading to significant improvements in regulatory/quality compliance, drug safety, drug quality, on-time/in-full delivery and cost effectiveness.
- Cultural Change Proactively strive as a role model to instill a continuous improvement culture within the various business functions to ensure the timely supply of quality products to Takeda markets and the service of our patients. Support further development of the mindset change within Oncology and Biologics and align with business targets.
- Training Education of employees in the core focus areas of AGILE (operation system, process flow, value stream mapping, management infrastructure & mindset, behavior, etc.)
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Requires a minimum of 7-10 years of related experience
- University degree within Quality, the Sciences, Supply Chain, Engineering, Business or similar
- Wide professional experience in the fields of Supply Chain, Quality, Technical Operations, Project Management and Operational Excellence
- Wide professional leadership experience in leading cross-functional / cross-cultural teams
- Knowledge of financial concepts and techniques utilized to establish value propositions of operational changes
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills with ability to conduct presentations comfortably to large groups
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skill set to influence the direction and attainment of objectives without having the formal leadership role.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and relationships cross functionally
- Strong background in Training and mentoring of Six Sigma/Lean concepts at multiple levels
- Experience in a GMP manufacturing environment
- Experience in Value Stream Mapping
- Ability to present, teach coach and mentor team members across the site
- Ability to conduct presentations comfortably to large groups
- Effective communicator with all levels of the organization
- Enthusiastic attitude and willingness to go the extra mile
- Ability and willingness to travel approximately 5% of the time
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
Company match of charitable contributions
Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.