Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Translational Research Expert, Breakthrough Heme in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Translational Research Expert working on the Oncology Biology team, you will be empowered to guide translational research support for specific Oncology programs and formulate translational blueprints, and a typical day will include:
POSITION OBJECTIVES:Based in Cambridge, MA, this translational scientist will be responsible for guiding translational research support for specific Oncology programs under the breakthrough heme strategic pillar for immuno-oncology at Takeda, which is focused on next-gen targeted approaches to address haematological malignancies with curative intent. This expert will work closely with Research and Development project teams to formulate translational blueprints and to enable execution of robust, decision-enabling preclinical and reverse-translation experiments to inform the clinical precision medicine strategy leading to early proof-of-concept, to maximize expansion opportunities for clinical assets, and to leverage clinical learning for discovery of new therapeutic approaches. The scientist is expected to actively contribute to the design and execution of (i) mechanism-of-action and (ii) proof-of-concept studies in close partnership with colleagues in O-TAU, DMPK and TREC.
- Reports to the Translational Sciences Lead for the breakthrough heme strategic area within the Oncology Drug Discovery Unit (ODDU)
- Represents the Oncology DDU on project teams
- Contributes to building a robust preclinical and clinical immuno-oncology pipeline within the breakthrough heme strategic area by supporting key programs in a matrixed, externally facing environment
- Directly supports multiple discovery-stage programs by defining and executing the translational data package to enable the precision medicine strategy for early clinical proof-of-concept
- Directly supports multiple development-stage programs (pre-IND through life-cycle management) by defining and executing the preclinical translational research to inform pivotal decision points and to maximize asset value
- Collaborates closely with other key line functions within the Oncology therapeutic area at Takeda and with key partners in Takeda, including DMPK and TREC
- Reviews and manages project-specific and broad academic research collaborations
- Works closely with in-house and external partners in developing translational research plans, in interpreting results, and in determining next steps
- Contributes to the reverse translational strategy for Oncology research in the cold-to-hot strategic area
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- PhD or MD in relevant field of biomedical research
- A senior researcher with 8+ years of relevant industry experience in drug development and with extensive experience in oncology discovery, early clinical development and translational biology
- Recognized expert in immuno-oncology in general and specifically in haematological malignancies
- Experienced in preclinical and clinical biomarker research
- Capable of leading and executing research within a matrixed environment comprising internal / external resources
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, leadership abilities, and oral and written communication
- Exceptional analytical and strategic skills
- Requires approximately 15% business travel, including international
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.