Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Medical Science Liaison in Los Angeles, CA.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Medical Science Liaison working on the Medical Affairs team, you will be empowered to make meaningful contibutions and a typical day will include:
- Functions in field based Medical Affairs representative in order to identify potential opportunities for clinical studies with Takeda Oncology pipeline molecules
- Provides compliant fair balanced, accurate, non misleading responses to unsolicited requests for information to ensure appropriate utilization of Takeda Oncology marketed products
- Identifies, establishes and develops relationships with health care providers and other key external stakeholders (managed markets, advocacy groups, cooperative group chairs) in order to support Medical Affairs strategic goals
- Establish compliant relationships with investigators and health care professionals
- Provide scientifically accurate, fair balanced, non-misleading disease state and molecule data to various audiences and responds appropriately, compliantly to unsolicited requests for information
- Develop and implement territory management plan that advances Medical Affairs goals
- Facilitate initiation and enrollment of clinical trials
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with MSL team and internal stakeholders
- Identify and communicate research opportunities and threats that may influence Takeda Oncology drug development
- Consistently manages administrative duties on time
- Engage in continuous learning to expand scientific knowledge, attend appropriate meetings and support Medical Affairs responsibilities at meetings
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- A doctoral or advanced practice degree in a health sciences related field such as a PharmD, MD, Ph.D., NP preferred with a thorough grasp of the pharmaceutical industry.
- Two years of healthcare or related experience (managed markets, clinical practice, research or academic) following award of doctoral/advanced degree
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, and ability to communicate complex scientific information in a clear, concise fashion
- Knowledge of the key phases, processes, that are involved in both the pre-clinical and clinical aspects of drug development.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to work independently, good time management skills, ability to prioritize across multiple priorities
- Therapeutic area experience.
- Clinical, research, or teaching experience.
- Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings/client sites.
- Overnight travel (40-60%), including some weekend commitments.
- Travel may vary depending on geography.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Los Angeles, CA