Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as an Import / Export Specialist in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As an Import / Export Specialist working on the Global Import / Export and Trade Compliance team, you will be empowered to make decisions andprovide technical expertise to our internal stakeholders in the import-export area, and a typical day will include:
Specialist is responsible for the preparation and coordination of export and
import shipping documentation as well as adhering to compliance policies and
procedures for Pharma Science and Research and Development organizations. The position emphasizes managing Import/Export
transactions requests and assisting management in the resolution of issues that
may arise (during clinical study conduct), and includes interaction with customs
brokers, freight forwarders and transportation service providers, and as
necessary with government officials from Customs, FDA, USDA, Fish Wildlife and
other participating government agencies.
- Assist in the creation and adherence of export and
import compliance policies and procedures for the organization regarding
Clinical Trial Material (CTM) and raw material shipments.
- Manage daily import and export transactions ensuring
compliance to all US Government Laws and Regulations. This includes US
Customs Border and Protection, USDA, FDA, Fish Wildlife, Public Health,
Bureau of Industry and Security, DEA, FAA and possible other government
agencies. Prepare formal responses for questions specific to imports or
- Adhere to country specific standard operating
procedures for importing/exporting clinical trial material and raw
materials, including logistics, customs clearance and delivery cycle
times. Continually track and maintain changes to regulations and define
strategies to avoid potential conflicts.
- Liaise with in-country coordinators/CRO s to establish
standard import and export requirements for clinical trials, including
export license determination.
- Help to maintain all international product data for
development compounds: Country of Origin, Tariff Code/Schedule B, Export
Commerce Control Number (ECCN), FDA product codes, NDA s, IND s for raw
materials, chemical intermediates, and finished goods.
- Screen export orders for compliance with US Government
denied party listings
- Verify shipment documentation of development compounds
for proper valuation, classification, country of origin, and record
- Instruct customs brokers
and freight forwarders on how to handle the products. Conduct import post-entry
review import audits ensuring transactions comply to US import regulations. If
incorrect, provide instructions for entry corrections. Help conduct performance assessments.
- Review contracts and task orders to ensure
international distribution pathways are aligned with the import/export
regulations and the business needs.
- Assist in CTM budget preparation and control activities
by identifying customs duties and taxes.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Minimum 4 years experience in R&D material
management/project planning/ clinical supplies including 2 years
experience in importing and exporting in pharmaceutical industry
- Bachelors Degree required, preferably in Business,
Science or Law
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of the US
Customs and Border Protection (CBP) regulations
- Expert knowledge of Title 19 Code of Federal
Regulations (CFR) and Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) of the United
- Proven knowledge of the Export Administration
- Familiar with Customs-Trade Partnership Against
Terrorism (C-TPAT) and Importer Self-Assessment (ISA) programs and
requirements for qualification
- Understanding of Automated Export System
- Computer database and spreadsheet experience
- Global Logistics experience
- Export Compliance Officer certification
- Customs License Broker
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong general business and business application
- Excellent training, listening, diagramming and
- Promotes a spirit of cooperation, trust and respect
within the team and with others
- Demonstrated ability to focus on project work and
efficiently bring projects to completion
- Demonstrates independent troubleshooting and problem
- Demonstrate problem solving and decision making
- Attention to details and strong analytical skills
- Leadership skills ability to lead and train
cross-functional project teams
- Strong ability to influence others and interpret
- Requires aptitude and potential to learn import and
- Ability to drive or fly to various meetings/ client sites limited overnight.
- Some international travel may be required.
- Approximately 5% travel.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.