Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as an Assistant Medical Director in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As an Assistant Medical Director working on the Research & Development team, you will be empowered to develop enhanced drug development knowledge and work with a number of teams during rotations, and a typical day will include:
The Takeda R&D Physician Scientist Accelerator Program is a two-year program designed for physicians with patient care experience and a strong scientific background who are starting their career in pharmaceutical drug development.
The Associate Medical Director joins the Program with the objective of developing enhanced knowledge of the drug development process and practical working experience in an accelerated manner. The program combines three elements: (1) customized on-the-job training in different R&D departments (3-5 rotations of 4-6 months duration); (2) participation in the Drug Development Curriculum and, (3) leadership development. Upon successful completion of the program, employees will work in the department defined at recruitment.
- The individual will work in different R&D departments as defined in the individualized plan for Rotation Program (3-5 rotations of 4-6 months duration)
- Each department defines a list of tasks and activities that the individual is expected to fulfill
- The participant will be working with the Supervisor who is assigned from each department to oversee and guide the work
- The individual will participate in the Drug Development Curriculum. The course entails participation in weekly/by-weekly seminars and additional individual work with literature (reading and critical analysis)
- The individual will participate in a number of leadership development experiences during the 2-year program. The schedule for these will be agreed upon at the program commencement
- An Executive Sponsor is appointed to each participant for the 2-year duration of the program. The Executive Sponsor conducts performance reviews, with input from department leads, mentors, and HR and SPA representatives. The participant is expected to establish and maintain a regular working relationship with the Executive Sponsor
- Each participant is assigned two Mentors, senior level executives who will provide valuable support and guidance in the areas of drug development and leadership. The participant is expected to establish and maintain a regular working relationship with the Mentors.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- MD or internationally recognized equivalent, board certified (or internationally recognized equivalent) in internal medicine or a subspecialty
- Clinical patient care experience
- Established record of research accomplishments (PhD or equivalent degree, list of publications, grants, research awards etc)
- PhD (or internationally recognized equivalent)
- Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings or R&D sites including overnight trips
- Ability to spend longer period of time at a different R&D site (weeks or several months)
- Some international travel may be required.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
Company match of charitable contributions
Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.