Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Manager, Facilities Maintenance working together with the Facilities Maintenance team in our San Diego, CA Office.
The Manager, Facilities Maintenance will manage day to day operations of Takeda s San Diego facilities. This individual will be managing programs in support of compliance requirements. This incumbent will be supervising maintenance technicians, contractors and trades people, ensuring timely, cost effective and compliance related maintenance is performed on mechanical, electrical, facilities support and process systems, to maximize performance. An integral part of this role is the maintenance of support documentation associated with preventive maintenance records, Departmental Training and Standard Operating Procedure development and maintenance. The Manager, Facilities Maintenance requires hands on activities and not just managing people.
- Responsible for maintenance of primary technical infrastructure of the San Diego facility and the routine maintenance of all major facilities equipment used in the day to day operation of facility
- Develops and manages effective preventive maintenance programs and provides technical support for the entire facility.
- Provides leadership and oversight in planning and implementing a pro-active, routine preventive maintenance program.
- Manages work order maintenance system and infrastructure management automation systems. Develops, reports and tracks performance of these systems.
- Supervises manufacturers, contractors and equipment suppliers related to facilities systems and maintenance functions.
- Supervises contractors and trades people in the completion of facility modification projects.
- Maintains full documentation of maintenance and repair activities.
- Develops and manages department budget covering all aspects of referenced maintenance functions.
- Maintains department capital and expenses to +/-3% of budget
- Manages facilities maintenance staff in the performance of maintenance tasks.
- Implements facility infrastructure modification and manages complex facility projects.
- Manages security program and security system control.
SCOPE OF SUPERVISION:
- Exercises independent judgment working with little direction or guidance.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Requires a Bachelor s degree or equivalent and 5 or more years experience in Facilities maintenance, biotechnology/pharmaceutical experience preferred
- Requires experience in management of trades and contractors
- Works on assignments that are complex in nature where considerable judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations.
- Requires experience in trade knowledge in a specialized field or process and ability to read, write, and utilize complicated drawings, mathematics, handbook formulas, and a variety of precision measuring instruments
- Manages activities of two or more sections or departments through subordinate supervisors who exercise supervision in terms of costs, methods and employees
- May determine methods and procedures on new assignments and may provide guidance to other personnel.
- Working knowledge of budgeting capital equipment and maintenance
- Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment (i.e. computers, phones, etc.).
- Carrying, handling and reaching for objects.
- Ability to lift 40-50 lbs.
- Ability to use a variety of hand tools
- Ability to climb a ladder
- Ability to drive to or fly to limited meetings or client sites, including overnight trips.
- Requires a maximum of approximately 2% travel.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.