|Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Senior Research Associate II - Immunology In-Vivo Pharmacology in our San Diego office.|
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Senior Research Associate II working on the Immunology Research team, you will be empowered to design and execute In-Vivo Immunology Pharmacology protocols to support discovery projects.
- Designs and executes in vivo Immunology pharmacology protocols to support TCAL discovery projects with ability to work in different models of autoimmune/inflammation.
- Delivers quantitative analyses of tissue and serum specimens from pre-clinical efficacy, PK/PD, clinical and safety assessment studies to support lead candidates and IND submissions
- Contributes to in vivo mechanism of action studies for clinical candidates
- Demonstrates significant knowledge of basic Immunology in vivo pharmacology principles and techniques and undertakes studies with little guidance from supervisor.
- Independently executes in vivo study protocols
- Contributes to the development of new Immunology models, methods and technologies for project advancement
- Performs and monitors all categories of in vivo studies.
- Doses animals by PO/IP/IV routes
- Performs solubilization and evaluation of test materials
- Injects various immunological agents to establish known and/or novel experimental models
- Performs necropsy analysis
- Performs terminal bleeding of animals for analysis
- Investigates, creates, designs and develops new methods and technologies for project advancement in collaboration with supervisor
- Keeps an accurate, comprehensible, concise notebook in accordance with company policy
- May assist in training lower level staff members
- Maintains a safe and organized lab bench
- Communicates and collaborates with colleagues effectively
- Contributes to the improvement of in vivo immunology pharmacology scientific methods; participates in the development of hypothesis, conducts analysis of results and draws conclusions; may make modifications to experimental procedures and techniques
- With latitude in specific areas, plans and executes experiments with appropriate controls; decisions have moderate to advanced scope and impact technical operations or project deadlines
- Manages a number and wide variety of tasks, techniques, and projects; may act as a scientific mentor to others
- Proactively identifies complex obstacles to progress in specific areas; recommends and implements solutions using a diverse set of resources; improves work processes; develops innovative scientific methodologies and approaches to enhance research efforts;
- Participates on cross-functional team and provides technical leadership in area of expertise; may lead an initiative or one of a broader scope with a less-defined outcome; mentors junior personnel
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Minimum requirements are a BS/BA with at least 8 years laboratory research experience, OR
- MS with at least 6 or more yrs laboratory research experience
- Experience in animal handling, test article administration
- Skilled and proficient at making detailed observations, analyzing data, and interpreting results so as to be able to suggest, design and pursue relevant experiments
- Highly skilled in animal handling, including animal surgeries and test article administration (e.g., IP, PO, IV, SC, etc)
- Working knowledge of in vivo pharmacology principles
- Demonstrated ability to solve scientific problems creatively, effectively and independently
- Willing to assist with in vivo Pharmacology objectives in general
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good multitasking skills
- While performing the duties of this job, the colleague is regularly required to use hands to handle animals, palpate tissues/objects, use surgical tools, or controls, and to reach with hands or arms.
- The colleague must lift or move up to 10 pounds on a regular basis in the course of daily activities.
- Willingness to travel to various meetings, including overnight trips. Some international travel may be required.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
Company match of charitable contributions
Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.