Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as an Associate Director, GI Therapeutic Area Lead, Corporate Communications in our Deerfield, Illinois office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As an Associate Director, GI Therapeutic Area Lead working on the Corporate Communications team, you will be empowered to create comprehensive communication plans for Takeda s U.S. focused therapeutic areas (TA), namely Gastroenterology. A typical day will include:
- Develop and execute the external story for Takeda s U.S. commercial presence in defined therapeutic areas (TA) that complement the company s global external TA communications strategy.
- Manage and create a wide variety of TA/product communications content (e.g., data and publications, external partnerships, patient stories, thought leadership, etc.) for internal and external communication channels to effectively reach target audiences.
- Serve as a U.S. media spokesperson for respective TA/product communications and develops strategic media relations plans and pitches that reach broadcast, online, print and bloggers.
- Serve as communications coach and counsel to executives and other team members to prepare them as spokespersons for delivering messaging and themes aligned with company positioning and strategic goals.
- Develop product communication strategy; create and execute corresponding communication plans and materials for Takeda s U.S. products from pre-approval through launch, any additional regulatory milestones and/or commercial events, and loss of exclusivity.
- Partner with global corporate communication colleagues on global commercial product milestones with a U.S. presence or support international media opportunities that require U.S. expertise.
- Collaborate with global organization on Investor Relations (IR) activities. Includes working with parent company on a quarterly basis to produce IR communications used by global leadership and IR teams.
- Create external/internal communication plans and deliverables for any relevant business development activities or organizational initiatives.
- Liaises between a variety of commercial functions to ensure corporate communications is publicizing programs, initiatives and partnerships that are benefitting patients.
- Manage agency partners to support TA and product communications work and corresponding budget.
- Bachelor s degree required. Majors in Journalism, Communications or public policy/public affairs preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience required at a corporation or consultancy with expertise in corporate, product, executive or international communications.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience with social media strongly desired.
- Ability to lead a team important.
- Strategic planning and results oriented execution needed.
- Ability to negotiate and form consensus among various parties important.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.