|Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Scientist, Pharmaceutics Research in our Cambridge office.|
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Scientist working on the Pharmaceutics Research team, you will be empowered to lead technical activities and represent Pharmaceutical Research on a cross-functional team, and a typical day will include:
- Support the transition of novel compounds from Discovery into Development and continued research efforts during the developmental lifecycle of compounds.
- Significant interaction with Discovery Teams, Drug Safety , DMPK and close collaboration with Process Chemistry, Formulation development and Analytical Development to achieve project goals.
- Independently designs and executes detailed studies on new development candidates to elucidate fundamental physicochemical properties and behaviors that enable lead candidate selection and downstream CMC development.
- Responsible for significant or sole technical leadership within a project and provides theoretical/conceptual input to multiple projects within the department or Pharmaceutical Sciences Division
- Contributes to a cross-functional Pharmaceutical Sciences team responsible for overseeing API salt and polymorph selection and subsequent development activities
- Develops non-GLP and GLP formulations based on the physical chemical properties of molecules and their route of delivery to support pre-clinical studies.
- Conducts biorelevant in vitro studies to assess potential in-vivo performance/impact of API and drug product during development lifecycle
- Interfaces with individual Pharmaceutical Science colleagues and cross functional project teams to ensure that development activities are consistent with physicochemical properties
- Represents functional area on cross functional teams communicating Pharmaceutics Research activities and milestones
- Participates on Discovery Teams and collaborates with Drug Safety and DMPK to evaluate the developability of molecules in late Lead Optimization.
- Collaborates with Drug Safety to transfer formulations to CRO s for non-GLP and GLP toxicology studies
- Responsible for integrating scientific/technical efforts around cross functional issues
- Understands project timelines and deliverables and plans/coordinates project work accordingly with departmental, functional and external stakeholders
- Plans and implements resolutions to technical problems/issues
- Supports local and global initiatives which may include leading initiatives or work streams
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Education and Experience:
Knowledge and Skills:
- PhD in Pharmaceutics, physical organic chemistry, pharmacy, or related pharmaceutical science; 0-1 years relevant industry experience
- PhD: Demonstrated mastery of subject or area related to field
- Analytical and Problem Solving Skills - Able to troubleshoot critical issues or problems, and determine causes and possible solutions
- Teamwork -- Ability to work well in highly cross functional team environment and across global line functions.
- Communication Skills -Able to expresses one s self clearly and concisely within team; documents issues and/or concerns concisely with colleagues; adjusts communication style as appropriate for the audience; timely and effectively communicates issues to supervisor; technical writing skills to support authorship of internal technical documents
- Organization Exercises good time management and prioritization skills and is able to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Knowledge Sharing - Ability to capture organizational knowledge; improve solutions, processes, and deliverables through use of information; improve information capital by contributing experience, theories, deliverables, and models for others to use
- Resource Management -Ability to manage one s time within individual, departmental, and corporate goals and timelines; management of internal and external resources (vendors)
- Technical - strong knowledge of physicochemical and preclinical formulation theory along with experience in multiple analytical techniques (DSC, TGA, HPLC, XRPD, Raman, etc) and proven ability to work in a lab setting
- May require approximately 5-10% travel.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
Company match of charitable contributions
Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.